Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Hamilton’ Gets 16 Tony Nominations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Michael Paulson, writing for The New York Times, on Hamilton’s history making 16 Tony nominations:

“Hamilton,” the groundbreaking hip-hop musical about the nation’s founding fathers, has been nominated for 16 Tony Awards, the most in Broadway history.

Tony nominators singled out the show in every category of theater making — acting, writing, directing, dance, music and design. A whopping seven “Hamilton” performers received nominations; in two categories, “Hamilton” actors will be competing against one another.

2. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I wish I could go see this show live. I tried buying tickets in January, and it was sold out until late September. Ugh.

I'm not even super into plays, but this one looks good and has some killer songs.

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wanna see this, it's always getting praised

4. crowntownguy

I think I'm growing into someone you can trust

Play the cast album on Spotify at least three times a week while I'm working - its just SO good. They announced the show would be touring in 2017, including Atlanta so I'll probably be making the drive to see it there. Crossing fingers it has a lot of the original cast.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

We've got tickets early next month, and I could not be more excited. Great to see them getting the attention and praise they deserve.

Hamiltonfan101 likes this.
  6. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'm going to NYC this weekend and I have to keep telling myself over and over again that $600+ apiece for tickets is stupid to spend. I'm obsessed with the soundtrack right now. I really want to see it live.