Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Recording New Album with Beau Burchell

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Senses Fail announced they will begin recording their new album in a couple weeks with Beau Burchell of Saosin as the producer.

We start recording the next record in about two weeks. It’s crunch time. We’ve been working on it for about a year and is by far the most amount of time we’ve put into anyone record. Really excited to enter the studio with Beau Burchell of Saosin again.

— Senses Fail (@sensesfail) February 9, 2020

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Oh niiiiice!

3. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Can’t freaking wait. Buddy mentioned this is gonna be about what happened to the main character after The Priest and The Matador off of Still Searching...

surgerone and The Black Parade like this.
  4. SFguitar

Regular

Hopefully it's not as mediocre as their last album

zachmacD likes this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

You mean Thorns? There was a much better album released since then

6. SFguitar

Regular

No, that If There is Light album. I remember Buddy stating that album would be a mix of SS and LIEY. It ended up not being nearly as good as either.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

I honestly loved it and think it’s one of their top 5 albums. To each their own though.

BornToRun and koryoreo like this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It's their best after Still Searching.

9. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Loved If There Is Light...

Always excited for a new Senses Fail album and

this is really interesting and I'm excited to see what happens there.

Was just listening to SS last Thursday and contemplating where I was as a teenager when I first heard it on release day and where I am now...and also contemplating Buddy's headspace when he wrote that vs. his now. So it'd be interesting to hear how he's going to continue that story.

10. BTDandFeelingThis

I can’t Agree with every point of this post more

K0ta likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

Agreed

12. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m glad people liked the last record but I am dumbfounded by it. I’ve loved SF since 2004 and it’s one of my least favorite by them. I’m pretty disappointed that they are going with Beau again and hope they change it up. The lack of screaming and cheesy vocals ruined it for me

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah huge SF fan but the last album wasn’t very good imo.

14. SFguitar

Regular

What about the guitar work? Apparently Buddy wrote mostly all for it for the first time and I thought it was pretty generic. I guess with Garrett and Heath not in the band anymore we shouldn't expect Still Searching-level riffs though

zachmacD likes this.
  15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Hope Beau does a good job. He is pretty good at producing pop punk but i feel like his guitars always sound thin and don't have enough variation in tone or energy. We shall see! Love me some senses fail.

zachmacD likes this.
  16. steve187

excited. if there is a light is probably top 3 from them for me

koryoreo and BornToRun like this.
  17. zachmacD

Trusted

oh yeah, the guitar reminded me of run of the mill pop-punk. However, I’m pretty sure he jammed with garret so I’m not sure what happened there. I honestly just think a lot of Senses Fail fans want a safe release from them or were just happy them weren’t making heavy records any longer. The lyrics were emotional but I personally couldn’t relate to them so that on top of cheesy singing and lackluster instrumentals did nothing for me

SFguitar likes this.
  18. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Excited for this. Last one was their best album since Still Searching for me.

Micool1 likes this.