Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein – “Bad Habits” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

For some reason, I thought their guitar player sounded like Patrick Stump on that one.

3. Freezon

Regular

Such a great song. Can’t wait for this album

4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

This is shaping up to be a very solid album

5. cbronder1

Regular

My favorite song from this album yet. Can't wait to hear the whole thing!

The Black Parade likes this.
  6. ARo24

Regular

This is great. Definitely looking forward to the album.

7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is 3/3 for me after never, ever giving this band a chance previously. Straddles that metal core/melodic hardcore line really well - the guitars are super catchy without being “pop,” cleans are awesome and the screaming is just enough. Atmospheric stuff on “infinite” also reminds me of Bring Me the Horizon, and I know that’s a dirty word on this site, but I love their recent records.

Is this how they always sound? Where else should I go from here for additional listening?

8. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

You’re gonna want to listen to This Is How The Wind Shifts, and probably Discovering the Waterfront and A Shipwreck In The Sand.

9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I has listened to singles from those last two and they were always a bit too screamo for me. I think I prefer the cleans of these songs with the ancillary scream vocals on choruses or as a tag to a verse. I’ll definitely give them a full listen though.

Orla likes this.
  10. WeWereGiants

Regular

Dead Reflection has it’s heavier moments, but it’s more in line with these songs. I’d check out The Afterglow and Aquamarine

11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

If you're vibing this I recommend Afterglow and Aquamarine off Dead Reflection.

12. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

3/3. It's incredible that this band is having such an amazing run in the later half of their career.

13. Jared Luttrell

Regular

You would like Rescue a lot. Lots of lighter songs, it's one of my favorite of their albums.

14. michael_gatto

Trusted

I didn't love Burn It Down or Infinite but I really dug this. Hope for more of this on the album.

15. bestofmoss

Regular

dang, this is a cool comment from the youtube comments:

Did y'all catch the references to their discography in the lyrics? "Demons (Dead Reflection)...Back to a Burning House (Shipwreck in the Sand)...Left No Short Song Unsung (Short Songs)...Laid Down Where the Train Should Be (Arrivals and Departures)...Rescued by a Hand in The Ocean (Rescue)...Now I'm Alive in the Wind's Reflection (I Am Alive in Everything I Touch/This is How the Wind Shifts). Subtle but Masterful, my dudes!