Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

City and Colour Announce New Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

City and Colour have announced some new tour dates.

May 12 Roxian Theatre Pittsburgh, PA
    May 13 Rams Head Live! Baltimore, MD
    May 15 Count Basie Theatre Red Bank, NJ
    May 16 Franklin Music Hall Philadelphia, PA
    May 18 Broadway Theatre at UPAC Kingston, NY
    May 19 College Street Music Hall New Haven, CT
    May 21 Calvin Theatre Northampton, MA
    May 22 The State Theatre Portland, ME
    May 28 State Theatre of Ithaca Ithaca, NY
    May 29 The Rapids Theatre Niagara Falls, NY

2. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

He always put on an amazing show. I am definitely down for Philly.

I really love the new album. So he will have plenty of new material to mix in with the old stuff.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Shocked but very pleased to see an Ithaca show

4. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

Imagine how I feel about the Kingston show haha.

With that said, State Theatre does seem like a good venue for this band.

disambigujason likes this.
  5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I admittedly don’t know anything about kingston but I’d have assumed Ithaca was far and away the smallest, most unheard of, market on the tour. that said, they’ve drawn some pretty good scene-y acts lately, including deafheaven and julien Baker

6. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I made the (long) drive to see Modest Mouse in Ithaca a few years ago. It's definitely a smaller market, but it's a nice setup to have the venue where it is. Lots of restaurants and stuff nearby, and a decent area to walk around for a bit.

Kingston is like 2/3 the size of Poughkeepsie (similar size to Ithaca), which is under 1/3 the size of Albany, and even Albany doesn't seem to get many shows for bands of this size (there are some decent shows that come through, but they're generally either arena or smaller club shows). Usually my best options are NYC, New Haven, Boston, or Philadelphia. It's nice to be *close enough* to all of them, even though it means getting to shows is always kind of a haul. I almost went down to NYC to see City and Colour in the fall, so this 15-minute drive is much more convenient for me haha.

disambigujason likes this.
  7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m actually from Rochester so I waS used to just having to go to buffalo but as a student here it’s usually philly or Boston, as you said. It’s so nice to not have to plan missing class/driving/finding lodging for once haha

bobsheiskawy likes this.