Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eve 6 Announce ‘Horrorscope’ Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

"now im thru w/ u" was definitely an away message of mine once.

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Easily my favorite Eve 6 record. More than a little bummed this isn't hitting Boston. And it looks like this is a pretty full itinerary so the odds of a second leg seem slim...

somethingliketj likes this.
  4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yeah, but now all of their hardcore fans in Missoula, Montana finally get to see them.

mmhmm, SuNDaYSTaR, spencpants and 3 others like this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol I went to college in Missoula and there's so little entertainment that we'll go see anything!

palebluedot likes this.
  6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

dear god I'm old enough to know a band playing at Jergels. you should have asked if I was sitting down before posting this.

7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Best front to back record they have. Excited to hear it all. “Girl Eyes” is an all time great closer.

Can’t really believe they could sell out the skyway though. That’s...not a small venue.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm not a fan of Horrorscope, self-titled and It's All In Your Head are my go-to Eve6 records, but I do love me some Alien Ant Farm.

AAF is severely underrated and my ultimate guilty pleasure. Their records are all great.

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Saw them at the S/T anniversary tour. It's interesting a band understanding their place in history, and knowing people still find relevance in a band that's released a whole lot more music than just the late 90s/early 00s staples. Will be at that San Fran date.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. J.Dick

Regular

Have you been there? I have friends who like it but I’m not really into hair metal or tribute bands so I’ve never been.

11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I don’t know if I would say they’ve released a whole lot more...

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Ya one album in 2012. Lol.

13. chris-wrecker

Trusted

It's weird, they just played here less than a year ago too...

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Come near NE you fucks!

15. I tried listening to the first AAF album yesterday after this tour announcement, and I couldn't get through just about any song on it, haha. It's so bad. "Movies" still rules though.

16. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I've only been for a work party. It seems like a good venue to see this type of band. Relatively small, with a balcony area and a big bar. Food is good for higher-end bar food too.

17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Alien ant farm and eve 6. Man this is is a tour for a certain someone I've never met before. Those hardcore fans of specifically year 2000 alt pop rock

ForestOfAllusion likes this.
  18. SFguitar

Regular

I remember buying that album because I really liked Smooth Criminal, and that ended up being the only good song on that damn album. Haha.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would recommend the following tracks off the records that came after:

TruANT (I know lol)
    1000 Days
    Drifting Apart
    Glow
    These Days

Up In The Attic
    Bad Morning
    Forgive & Forget
    What I Feel Is Mine
    San Sebastian
    Around The Block

Always and Forever
    Yellow Pages
    Burning
    Better Weather
    Dirty Bomb
    Sidelines

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hardcore disagree with that - Movies, Whisper, Sticks and Stones, Courage, Flesh and Bone, Summer, and Wish all bang ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I feel like all their albums are tied for me. I think they're very consistent. Speak in Code is the only one that I feel lacks a little substance. Still a bop but not as good for me.

22. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

AAF's best song is a cover and that cover is pretty bad. Just my opinion.

23. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I don't know if I'll fight you about the first part of that statement (honestly don't know their discography well enough), but how can you say that the cover is bad? It's a great cover! Inspired by the original without straight copying it. They put their own spin on it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.