Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nothing, Nowhere. – “Nightmare”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Wait...

THIS is what this band sounds like?

CMilliken and falafelmywaffle like this.
  3. I had a very incorrect picture of them in my head, methinks

CMilliken and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. Deathblow

This sucks.

5. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

So much of this shit out there these days. They all have the same emo sounding voice and do some rapping in there too.

Deathblow likes this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

Not surprised I dig this a bunch.

7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Joe is a clear step above the peers he gets lumped next to. Thrice wouldn’t have taken him on tour in 2016 if they didn’t see that.

8. Yeah I honestly listened to today's new song and thought, "How'd they get on tour with Thrice?" I've been meaning to check out the band more thoroughly for years and just never got around to it. Even back in 2016, it was completely by mistake that I showed up to the concert a few minutes late and just barely missed their set. Again, I'm not sure where I got this exact expectation from, but I always thought they were more similar to La Dispute, ...OR that they were an instrumental band. I really had no clue, hahah

Analog Drummer likes this.
  9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Nope, no, not interested, nuh-uh. Some of the other songs posted above were okay, but the drums, vocal production and lyrics of this song were unpleasant to me.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  10. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

As far as how he got on that tour I'm not entirely sure; he had only played a handful of shows under the nothing,nowhere moniker up to that point. Pete Wentz was sort of in his corner from the beginning so that could be a possibility. Seeing him on that tour turned me onto to him and I'm grateful for it. It was an enjoyable set, but I was a little surprised how much the early recorded material contrasted the live show. Him and his two friends really brought those songs to another level. Everything he's been putting out since then has been an improvement and he's only going to get bigger from here.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Be about it and hop on the train now before he's massive, folks!