Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chase Tremaine Releases ‘Unfall’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Following 13 years of playing guitar, bass, and drums for assorted pop, rock, punk, and hardcore bands, Chase Tremaine released his debut solo album, Unfall, on January 24th. The album is streaming everywhere now (and also available on CD, following a successful Kickstarter thanks in part to Chorus.fm users), featuring ten songs of emo lyrics, math rock guitar riffs, boy band harmonies, and indie-pop textures.

Working with producer Empty Isles (Tooth & Nail Records), Chase sought after the balance of emo-pop and modern rock perfected by artists like Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, and The Academy Is…, resulting in tracks ranging from the Copeland-like “Worth the Wait” to the Thrice-influenced new single “Honest Tree.” With hopes that this album will not just spotlight himself but also contribute to the growth of his local emo/pop-punk scene, Chase would love to hear from fellow lovers and makers of modern emo music. Email music@chasetremaine.com to discuss collaborating, writing about your music on his website, or purchasing a physical copy of Unfall.

Listen to the album now on all streaming platforms.

Chase can also be found on Twitter, Instagram, and his website.

Our thanks to Chase Tremaine for sponsoring Chorus this week. More information about sponsored posts and purchasing advertisements on this website can be found here.

2. upload_2020-1-27_12-49-10.png

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. Thanks so much!!

And yeah, that pic was hilariously fun to make. One of my favorite ideas that I didn't end up having space for was:

"...but Joey Tribbiani was abysmal."

5. Mr. Serotonin

Haha I remember The Maine doing something similar to this and it was hilarious.

6. Well, the Maine have been my heroes since You Are OK, so it makes sense that I would accidentally copy them! Haha

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

This is really good & well worth your time!!

Chase Tremaine and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

Hahah you're in good company, that's for sure! Gonna give your album a listen on my flight tomorrow!

9. Dead_Presley

Your voice reminds me of This Day & Age. That is a good thing in my book, just to be clear. Great stuff man!

10. Lucas27

Trusted

What a great record.

11. The Bell & the Hammer is my SOUL'S FAVORITE MUSIC

Compliment of the decade, mate! Thank you

12. Dead_Presley

Glad we’re on the same page! Haha. Can never stop listening to that album, Amazing record you have on your hands good sir. Congrats!

13. Thank you so much!! And yeah, one of the most incredible things that's happened so far is receiving comparisons to some of my favorite bands: This Day & Age, Gatsbys American Dream, As Tall As Lions, TREOS. It's so baffling and humbling. I seriously, seriously appreciate it :fist:

14. Dead_Presley

Well, you deserve it man. This is some great stuff, and all those mentioned bands are in my top 10’s. All that was missing was days away! Haha. Keep doing what you’re doing, currently repeating worth the wait on yours.

15. LightsOut

Regular

Shit! This is really good

16. Thanks for checking it out!!

17. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Great work Chase! Definitely hear the comparisons others have made, especially the voice and cadence of Nic Newsham. The other aughts emo band that came to mind for whatever reason (and hadn't thought of in ages) was The Junior Varsity.

18. Nic Newsham is my hero

Interesting -- I vaaaaaguely remember that band name, but I'm not sure I ever listened to them. I'll have to go check them out!

(It's been really funny and charming to see how people's comparisons are confirming that my music is waaaaay more early-00's than I ever dreamed. One critic, in a fair but mixed album review, said that it was full of songs that would be perfect for your 2005 Myspace player, hahaha. Classiccccc)

Thanks so much for listening :)

19. KyleK

I don't even know for me if its a matter of it feeling like its from that era, but that I always lean into that era of music for artist comparisons because I listened to so many more bands then than I do now.

20. Ohhhhh that's an interesting point. I didn't think of that.

But there's still truth to those comparisons. I still listen to a LOT of music and try to learn as much from it as I can. Nevertheless, there's something core, foundational, and intangible about how I write songs that's inextricably based in the music I listened to from 2003-2006: Thrice, The Receiving End of Sirens, Mae, Number One Gun, Forever Changed, The Academy Is..., Gatsbys, Emery, Lorene Drive, My American Heart, etc.

21. Dead_Presley

It’s incredible your taste in the good ole days (at least for me) with music that I still try to tell people to listen to these days. Those 00’s years...Maybe it was just that time with myself for diving into bands at the time, If you ever need a touring guitarist lemme know. Love the ‘licks on your Guitar stuff haha. And cinematographic from junior varsity is the shit! Check it out if you haven’t before

22. KyleK

Funny you should mention that album. Despite me namechecking them, I hadn't listened in years, and going to their Spotify after, I listened to that album for the first time (Wide Eyed was the one I knew and listened to a lot back in the day) - and it was good!

23. Dead_Presley

Wide eyed is great I just feel the other album I mentioned was them truly coming into their own unique style and is still a staple for me to go back to from those days

24. @Dead_Presley @KyleK

Y'ALL

I just finished Cinematographic. WHAT AN ALBUM. I wasn't sold on the opener, but it won me over really quickly and then I just had a blast for the rest of the album. A freaking incredible, thrilling experience that I can't wait to dive back into!

25. Dead_Presley

memory made easy is so easy to love, along with try to define. Album is all over the place sonically...which I adore about it.