Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grammy 2020 Winners

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Grammy awards were last night. You can find the list of winners here and all the performances below.

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

What a joke

3. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I agree only because the categories that I primarily listen to (metal/rock/alt) have never been close to representing my personal stand outs. I don't listen to enough pop music (besides singles) to know how well it captures the mainstream. The only awards I'm happy to see are for Gary Clark Jr. That was a great album, and he puts on an amazing live show even if he won for categories that I don't agree with the nominees for. Just him getting further recognition is cool.

LCT Music and jeff.dart like this.
  4. joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

No I love Billie, but the whole Grammy's system is ridiculous.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

So I don't care who actually won, but I find it confusing that a song can win song of the year and record of the year, but not win the more specific best pop solo performance?

7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

When did everyone realize the Grammys were a joke?

Mine was when they failed to nominate My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy for AOTY

8. soundclash

Regular

LOVE Gary and agree about his live show.

Tyler, the Creator touched on your last point in his post-award interview. Said he was happy to win and have his music acknowledged, but hates that they pretty much put all black artists in one of two categories and that the word “urban” feels like a backhanded way of saying the n-word to him.

9. jeff.dart

Regular

Gary Clark jr getting three Grammys was great.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

happy for billie, tyler, vampire weekend, paak and maybe some other people