Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Format Announce ‘Live at The Mayan Theatre’ Vinyl Release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Format are putting out Live at The Mayan Theatre on vinyl for its 13-year anniversary. Pre-orders are up.

In addition to the vinyl drop, on February 4th Live At The Mayan will be available for the first time to listen to on Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon, and watch on Amazon Prime Video and YouTube. It will be added to the iTunes Video Store at a later date.

To celebrate the re-release, Sam is hosting a Live At The Mayan viewing party on February 3rd in Phoenix at Hello Merch. If you’d like to go, RSVP. Space is limited so RSVP here ASAP.

If you have a chance to go to this viewing party, I’d take it. [shakes magic eight ball] You may rely on it.

Walkabout and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Goddamit I saw The Format and almost had a panic attack.

Orla, Brent and CAC3 like this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

So did Nate fall off the face of the earth or something? I haven't heard anything about him in ages.

Brent likes this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I think he's just living his life? He has a three year old.

5. DarkHotline

Ah I had no idea, well good on him.

6. According to his Wikipedia:

"More recently, Ruess has made sporadic appearances in the media and has performed on special occasions. In 2016 he appeared on The Hamilton Mixtape performing the track "My Shot". In 2018, Ruess was credited as a composer and lyricist for Keith Urban on his release Graffiti U. He helped write Urban's track "Way Too Long". Additionally, Ruess has been working as a songwriter and producer. In 2019, he collaborated again with Pink for the track “Walk Me Home”, which was released in February for her eighth studio album, called Hurts 2B Human.

Ruess offered his songwriting talents on Kesha's 2020 release High Road."

I looked at the Kesha album tracklisting, and I don't see Nate's name listed on any of the songs as being a writer, so maybe the song(s) he wrote with her didn't make the cut, or something.

DarkHotline likes this.
  7. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

From the subtle hints @Jason Tate has been dropping. I have a weird feeling The Format machine might be starting back up and I sincerely hope it’s true.

Jonathan, RyanPm40, Brent and 5 others like this.
  8. DarkHotline

Curious how that would go in 2020 and beyond.

9. Austin Blaine

phenomenally

BradBradley likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

How so? The Format wasn't really that hugely successful in their time and honestly, I don't see people going ga ga over that outside the fanbase.

11. Austin Blaine

Oh, I was speaking specifically for myself. phenomenally.

Jonathan, Brent, astereo and 7 others like this.
  12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I was just wondering if Nate was even alive anymore the other day...thought the big, bad hollywood machine swallowed him up.

13. It would be cool if they got together again for a few full album shows but I don't see the point in actually restarting the band full time? Nate would draw more crowds using his own name than performing with "The Format"

14. DarkHotline

Yeah, they could make a occasional show kind of thing but a full on reunion would be impractical

15. kpatrickwood Jan 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2020)
    kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Eh- I don't think that drawing massive crowds would be the primary motivation for re-igniting The Format. I remember reading back when they officially announced they were breaking up that Nate and Sam were still on good terms (they mentioned they were still passing a Twin Peaks box set back and forth). Obviously Nate isn't hurting for money, and Sam seems to be doing well with HelloMerch, so maybe they'd just like to work together again because... they want to and they can?

If I were a betting man (which I'm very much not), I'd bet they're going to play a couple shows this year. But if they don't and they just end up re-issuing a live show on vinyl, I'm happy with that too cause that show was fucking great, and while I have the DVD, I don't have a DVD player and I can only find clips of it on Youtube.

That said, a new record and a Summer theater tour with Jimmy Eat World would reallllly hit the spot.

16. popdisaster00 Jan 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2020)
    Damn don't tease me about them touring with JEW. We'd have to get Reuben's Accomplice on there as well :-D

kpatrickwood likes this.
  17. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Arizona Invasion Tour 2020. Go ahead, hand it over.

[​IMG]

Brent and popdisaster00 like this.
  18. J.love

Regular

Maybe Nate shows up at the viewing party and they play a surprise show!

Brent and kpatrickwood like this.
  19. Why yes I do want to fall apart in 2020, thanks for asking

The Midwest loves you too, hint hint

kpatrickwood likes this.
  20. I live in Phoenix, I am so bummed this sold out so quick

Dying_ambiance likes this.
  21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Oh this is definitely what's being hinted at.

J.love and Jonathan like this.
  22. schackbr

Regular

i'm torn on whether i'd like to hear new music from this band.

for those of you saying Nate would draw bigger crowds using his own name, i don't think that's the point. he's been out of the limelight for quite some time and from what i understand, that was his choice. i'm not sure he was ever in it for the fame so much as making music he enjoyed.

23. i would love new music but i don't think i'm holding my breath for that

24. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I would love anything new from them.