Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Thanks to Albums

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I’ve always been the kind of music fan that likes to listen to albums. I’ve never been one for picking out random songs, or putting things on repeat, or building giant playlists of things in shuffle order. I like putting on an album, sitting back, and listening front to back. That’s why I was really drawn to the iOS app, nicely named, Albums.

Albums is an album-focused music player for iOS. It is the perfect companion for music nerds who use Apple Music (or have a local library) and really love to listen to albums as a whole. They just launched version 2.0 and it’s available as free download.

The app is built for those that want to listen, specifically, to albums as a whole and be able to find them and consume them in an easy manner. In addition to offering features like album shuffle, the app also hooks into MusicBrainz and Discogs to pull in production credits, release dates, and record label. It also makes the most of the latest iOS features, like Siri Shortcuts, Dark Mode, and context menus. And, the latest update has an in-app purchase to use built in Last.fm scrobbling.

Check it out now on the App Store.

You can also follow the app on Twitter.

Our thanks to Albums for sponsoring Chorus this week. More information about sponsored posts and purchasing advertisements on this website can be found here.

2. I’m going to download this app and see what the big whoop is all about. I don’t understand what the actual appeal of this Albums app is since Spotify let’s me listen to full albums.

EDIT: Welp jk. My phone doesn’t have a compatible iOS version, apparently. Soooo someone tell me how this app differs from something like Spotify, please? :-)

3. vcmstone

Newbie Supporter

Any chance an Android version is in the pipes?

4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I don’t think this is essential but I downloaded it and it’s pretty fun.

5. punkzilla84

This is a game changer for sure! I love it.

kwilcox likes this.
  6. snaps

Regular Supporter

Is this catered to me in the app images or is Weatherbox featured in the promo?

Attached Files:

battlingaheavyheart likes this.
  7. Love it so far. If only Apple just followed what the iPod did and let you change the settings to Albums instead of Songs on the Shuffle, we wouldn't need it. Albums were always my setting.

kwilcox likes this.
  8. They’re featured. The app developer is a website reader/fan.

battlingaheavyheart and snaps like this.
  9. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

That you can't do this in Apple Music on iOS (while still being able to in iTunes) is my biggest gripe with the app. Not enough to get me to download a whole other app (though it does look neat), but still.

JayLightBeer likes this.
  10. snaps

Regular Supporter

That is incredible

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. kwilcox

Great app! I've used this so much in the last two weeks