Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jan. 10th, 2020

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hey, finally a release day with some new releases on it! If you hit read more you can see all the releases we have in our calendar for the week. Hit the quote bubble to access our forums and talk about what came out today, what albums you picked up, and to make mention of anything we may have missed.

Beach Slang – The Deadbeat Bang of Heartbreak City
    Circa Waves – Happy
    Echosmith – Lonely Generation
    Enziguri – Bronx Zoo EP
    Field Music – Making A New World
    Georgia – Seeking Thrills
    Kesha – High Road
    Poppy – I Disagree
    Selena Gomez – Rare
    The Big Moon – walking Like We Do

2. alexjlow

Regular

Cauldron - Last Words: Screamed From Behind God's Muzzle - Incredible UK Metalcore EP.
    Beach Slang - The Deadbeat Bang of Heartbreak City - Really into this, a great Rock record.

Singles:
    The Amity Affliction
    Code Orange
    Bury Tomorrow
    Silverstein

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Whoa, Echosmith! They fell off the Earth a few years ago after picking up a ton of momentum. I completely forgot about them. Will check that and Circa Waves new albums out.

4. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Stiff is such a jam!

alexjlow likes this.
  5. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Honeymoon - From the future
    Singles from Ratboys, 070Shake, Code Orange, Midnight, Vukovi, & San Mei

6. Weird/cool to hear Beach Slang stepping outside of their typical sound.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Beach Slang for me. Not expecting much, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Beach Slang
    Dragged Into Sunlight
    Loma Prieta
    Pressure Cracks
    Haunt
    Unreqvited
    Ether Coven

9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Kesha got pushed back. I’m confused by Circa Waves, it seems like they put part of the album up now but the release date isn’t until March?

Ska Senanake and dtbjerke like this.
  10. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Singles: Code Orange, Halsey, Spanish Love Songs, Anti-Flag, Thief Club (Nick from Hit The Lights), Turnstile, The Amity Affliction, Always Never, Khalid, Alicia Keys, Mac Miller, Tame Impala, Ozzy Osbourne ft Elton John, John Legend, Grouplove, Silverstein, Joywave, Nightly, Nathaniel Rateliff, Conan Gray

Albums
    Super Whatevr EP
    Selena Gomez
    Beach Slang
    Circa Waves
    Echosmith
    Field Music
    Easy Life
    WHERE IS KESHA :tear:

2 Jersey pop-punk/emo bands released good stuff today - Grin & Bear released a full length, Cloverdale released an ep.

Ska Senanake and slickdtc like this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

there's, uh, a reason for that

12. I hope you don’t mind me quoting your posts from the Accountability In Music thread a while back, @Jason Tate.

I don’t aim to tell anyone what they can and can’t listen to, my only purpose sharing this again is to spread awareness. Graham’s despicable actions should never, ever be accepted or brushed aside. The band’s statement is regressive, dangerous bullshit — an individual’s trouble reading social cues does not add up to predatory behaviour, and linking the two like the band attempted in this statement adds a completely untrue and harmful misconception of people on the spectrum.

13. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Cool record. glad this didn’t come out last week though. It was my 35th birthday and the intro to the song 35 would’ve freaked me the fuck out!

theasteriskera and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Heart to Heart has a new single out.

LCT Music likes this.
  15. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I know nothing about the band members, or the specifics of this dude Graham's condition. I know nothing of the story either. I also don't know what he said to Barker's daughter. To act like you know 100% that the condition and his behavior aren't linked and the band linking the two is "regressive, dangerous bullshit" bothers me unless you have every reason to be sure.

Have you had an inside look into his medical records? Are you an expert behavioralist on all things autism and spectrum related? Not all things are equal. One person on the spectrum and another can have very different issues just as different medications work differently for different people and depression for person A does not equal depression for person B.

I don't tolerate child predators. I haven't been able to listen to Brand New or Lost Prophets or any bands like that since their singers were exposed for what they were. That said, I have seen mental illness up close and I have a soft spot for it. Maybe the band is fooling me or maybe if I knew what this guy said I'd be right there with you though. I'll do some googling later I guess.

beachdude and punkzilla84 like this.
  16. SoCoWilderNeSs Jan 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2020)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Thanks for this! I just listened to the Grin & Bear record and enjoyed it. I had never heard of them. On to the Cloverdale next!

EDIT: This Cloverdale EP is fantastic

theasteriskera and elemenohpe like this.
  17. Liz

Ew, David

This Selena Gomez album is very good

ChaseTx and punkzilla84 like this.
  18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The Poppy album is amazing.

19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Autism isn’t a mental illness.

20. Anthony_

first of all:

second, he slid into the DMs of a goddamn 13-year-old and tried to hit on her, wtf are you on about

21. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Haha, i went in blind having no idea what to expect...didn't last half a song. Might have to give it another try when i'm actually prepared for what's about to happen to my ears.

22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Give the music videos a try. I think she should have made a short film to accompany the album.

Zip It Chris likes this.
  23. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

This shit always makes me wonder how many others he's reached out to or actually met up with. It's predatory behavior, using his Autism as an excuse to justify this behavior is just as horrible.

Brent likes this.
  24. Anthony_

It's disgusting and shameful and they should be shunned because of it.

25. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Schmaltz was an amazing album, but Kick is so fucking good. Anyone else been listening to Spanish Love Songs??