Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Take It Back to the Beginning

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The world has been interviewing Blink-182 over the past week (the label’s mad at me for posting that the video went up on YouTube, so I’m probably s.o.l), the latest is from Forbes, discussing the new beginning for the band and giving a little more detail on some of the new songs:

Well songs like “Rabbit Hole,” that have this big anthemic gang vocal at the end of it. There’s a song called “No Future,” there are a lot of really energetic, anthemic, angst-y fun rock songs I can’t wait to play live. This album is really rich with sing-along melodies and sing-along choruses. When I go to a show I want to sing along with the band. I still have that energy of going to see Bad Religion at the Palladium and wanting to sing every single word and I think this album has a lot of that for people.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Please give me all your big sing along choruses Mark. GIVE ME THEM

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Saught

Shibby

I get so hyped for the album seeing all these Blink interviews.

4. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I don't know if I've ever been more hyped for an album, maybe just for When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes back in 2011.

heavyd and Ryan like this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

I did not think this was going to be my AOTY. Pretty sure it will be now.

heavyd likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

@Jason Tate sorry to hear you won't be getting an interview, would've been cool. Are they mad cuz Chorus is a "big" publication or something? Seems kinda petty when the band obviously doesn't care.

7. Jbrom03

What was the video on YouTube?

8. Colby Searcy

The lyric video of "Bored To Death" went up on their channel a day early.

9. Jbrom03

Oh. That's silly and boring. Haha.

10. Jake Z

Regular

Great interview, and from what Mark is saying, this album is going to rip. I cannot wait to hear it.

heavyd likes this.
  11. cyanfire

Regular

Seems really petty considering it was one of the guys from the band's management that uploaded the video... surely that's who they should be pissed at, not someone for discovering it was available and sharing like any person would.

Penguin, FTank and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Exactly my point, seems strange. Especially given the overwhelmingly positive(at least from what i've seen) reception to everything. I would think an interview with another internet publication definitely couldn't hurt and the amount of weight AP held for so long, surely some of that carries over to here right?

Penguin and FTank like this.
  13. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Can't wait to hear what song Patrick Stump is probably gonna be on

heavyd likes this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Spot on posts, that's annoying to me too and makes no sense

15. chris-wrecker

Trusted

There are no features, he may have helped with writing a song though

heavyd likes this.
  16. atomiccounty

Regular

That's unfortunate on their part. The fanbase here is probably the most ethusiastic and supportive of the band, especially compared to other sites.

heavyd likes this.
  17. don't fret

man tickets went fast today!

18. Zummy

It's funny that I've only made three posts on the new site and they've all been about Blink 182. I think this album is going to be amazing. Before the release of the Bored To Death this album wasn't really on my radar, but now with the song released and everything the band has been saying about the album I can't help but think this has a real chance to be my AOTY. I know it's still early but man oh man am I excited for what's to come.