Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail to Record New Album in 2020

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Awesome. I keep expecting this band to call it quits, but every album they put out this decade has been fantastic. Whether they go heavier a la Renacer or poppier like the last one, I'm in.

3. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I think they have really turned it around in the last few years. Pretty excited for this

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I saw them a few months back while they were touring FTDOD and they absolutely crushed the live show.

parkerxcore likes this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

If buddy is anything to go by he said it’ll be like the last one mixed with Still Searching

6. cbronder1

Regular

This what I've heard as well. He said it will be like the last record but with better instrumentation, which would make it a little more similar to Still Searching.

7. silentc

Regular

Buddy mentioned a while back that they wrote around 40 songs or so but only 12 are making the cut so whatever doesn't make it on the album those songs are being split in half and are gonna be released under 2 different side projects

8. ballroomtrance

Regular

Really hope he’s not the only songwriter. I love this band - The Fire and Renacer heavy favorites - but I felt the songwriting was lacking on ITILIWFY. Probably my least fav record of theirs. Still, I’m excited! And I truly love this band.

zachmacD likes this.
  9. BTDandFeelingThis

See I felt the songs on ITILIWFY were great because of how personal he wrote them. They hit harder

333 GANG likes this.
  10. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Buddy says he's going to do Senses Fail until he can't anymore, so I'm here to make sure he can do this for as long as he wants. GIMME THAT VINYL GIMME THAT TOUR MERCH

cbronder1, zachmacD, solxace and 2 others like this.
  11. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

I understand some of their earlier material is a bit lyrically cringe worthy in retrospect, but I don't understand the hate behind this band.

12. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Always stoked for new SF.

13. BTDandFeelingThis

Double so when they say 2021 and then go “ha gotcha we mean 2020!”

cbronder1 and K0ta like this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

I am cautiously optimistic for this. The last record definitely grew on me but it's probably my least favorite release from them besides the EP. Something with songs like the fire, warpaint, or wounds would be greatly appreciated. Renacer and PTTFYH are my two favorite releases from them but I know we'll never get SF material like that again.

15. zachmacD

Trusted

His vocals we're pretty atrocious as well. He did a lot of weird things with his voice and how he pronounced words on this album. Hopefully there's less this time around

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Fantastic news. Last album ruled.

333 GANG, slimfenix182 and cbronder1 like this.
  17. tobytobes

Regular

I didn't think there was hate for them?

I think people are very black and white on Buddy (as Senses Fail) on Twitter since he seems to take shots at people that take shots at him, but musically it seems like either (a) people still love them or (b) you would have no idea who they are, haha.

18. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Buddy takes shots at homophobes and Trump supporters so I'm all for his twitter presence lol

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  19. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

And bands that aren’t verified

cbronder1, K0ta and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

Some of those moments were my favorites on twitter

K0ta likes this.
  21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Awesome! The last album was one of my favorites of 2018 and favorite SF album since Still Searching. Here's hoping that it picks up where that left off.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  22. SFguitar

Regular

I remember Buddy saying the last album was going to be a mix of SS and LIEY. It ended up not being nearly as good as either.

zachmacD likes this.