Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Play First Show in Three Years

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Motion City Soundtrack played their first show in three years last night. The setlist can be found below.

Setlist

1. Attractive Today
    2. Everything Is Alright
    3. Perfect Teeth
    4. Her Words Destroyed My Planet
    5. Disappear (Countdown to New Year)
    6. Together We’ll Ring In The New Year
    7. Better Open The Door
    8. Worker Bee
    9. Broken Heart
    10. My Favorite Accident
    11. It Had To Be You
    12. When You’re Around
    13. Make Out Kids
    14. Time Turned Fragile
    15. Last Night
    16. A Lifeless Ordinary (Need a Little Help)
    17. Even If It Kills Me
    18. This is for Real
    19. Hold Me Down
    20. L.G FAUD
    21. The Future Freak Me Out

Jared Luttrell and snaps like this.
  2. They are still on my list of bands to see live

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for Boston.

4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

There's a bunch of tickets on StubHub for like 20 bucks still... maybe I'll brave the drive into town for this...

Brent likes this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just wish it wasn't on a Monday...

6. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Especially at House of Blues. They won't hit the stage until 10.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

:( I'm not getting back to the Cape until like 1AM then.

8. rbf737

Regular

How could they not do Resolution given the timing/it's one of my favorite songs?! Doesn't look good for when I see them in a couple weeks.

9. simonbelmont

Regular

Got VIPs for Pittsburgh will be the first time I've watched this band perform since either 05 or 06 on the main stage at Warped on Montage Mountain it was amazing then and it will be even more so in a smaller venue.

Is there anything from Go or Panic Stations here I'm not familiar with those two.

10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Absolutely stellar setlist. I’m stoked for their show later this month in Los Angeles.

Just throw in “The Weakends” and it’ll be perfect.

11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Zero

12. CMilliken

Trusted

So stoked to see them in LA. Flying our specifically for this show!

parkerxcore likes this.
  13. simonbelmont

Regular

Thank you! What is the feeling on these two albums? I checked out after Even If It Kills Me and missed out on My Dinosaur Life (now my favorite) and these two and haven't gotten around to checking them out.

14. efp722

Regular

I think most fans rank them somewhere mid-low tier in the overall discography, but they are both worth a few spins. Def checkout "Timelines" from Go and Panic Stations is pretty solid front to back.

CMilliken likes this.
  15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

What an awesome setlist! I'd love to see them live one day if there's a possibility, though to select a perfect set off of their discography!

16. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Fantastic set list. They are excellent live.

karcrashianpanache likes this.
  17. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Go has some great songs I still come back to.

18. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

I was able to see them open for The Wonder Years in 2015 or so. Was going back and forth on whether I'd hit up this tour, but seeing Hold Me Down on the setlist pretty much made that decision/

19. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I listened to them both a few times but nothing stuck with me. I actually really dislike Dinosaur but I can't really verbalize why. Something about the production and some of the lyrics/vocals just irritate me on that record.

Brent likes this.
  20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Same... Some tracks on MDL are fine, but anything after that I just can't get on board with.

21. simonbelmont

Regular

I understand I felt the same way and I also used to not like the way they utilized the Moog on mdl vs previous records. But as time went on I slowly came around to it.

22. ctigers92

They're really not fond of their last two albums, are they? lol

23. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Can't wait for Anaheim. i shed a tear at their farewell tour. I think this will be my sisters and my first time seeing them together, which is insane.

thisisasong likes this.
  24. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

damn i can feel you to Berkley show and i'll be a very happy man

CMilliken likes this.
  25. simonbelmont

Regular

Oh my goodness if you're going to this savor it they are in amazing form. As good or better then they were in 06 for warped tour. Some awesome person yelled out play Indoor Living in Pittsburgh and they changed the first song of their encore to accommodate playing it and they were worried it wouldn't sound good but it was fantastic. That's the only song I had wished to hear at Warped that I didn't and they played it last night.

If you're going to this, you're in for a real treat.