Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me the Horizon Release New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

There’s a 24 minute song on here

Brent and theasteriskera like this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I don’t generally have an issue with a band trying to reinvent themselves but, what is this?

theasteriskera likes this.
  4. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, it's some kind of strange

Bayside 182 likes this.
  5. somethingwitty

Trusted

I’ve only heard like 3 BMTH songs before listening to this EP. Clearly they decided to ditch guitars/drums on this but it really isn’t bad.

Seems to be lots of UK jungle, drum and bass, and acid house influence on this. Kind of reminds me of Pendulum.

6. Oli Sykes abused his ex-wife and also pissed on and threw a glass bottle at a girl. Why does he still have a fucking career again? Fuck him and fuck his enabler scum bandmates.

7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

why is this considered an ep if its longer than their last album

8. super, super disappointed to see Halsey, HAPPYALONE and YONAKA featured on this. What the fuck?

abcdefg123 likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

EP sucks and I even dug Amo.

10. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I like this a good amount. Definitely way different than everything else they’ve ever done. I assume a lot of fans are confused on this one.

11. somethingwitty

Trusted

Probably the same way Chris Brown and XXxtentacion still have profitable careers.

solxace, Brent and Carrow like this.
  12. MacbethSin

Regular

Don't think this is meant to necessarily be indicative of a new direction, feels super passion-projecty to me. It's alright...good background music for work honestly. Loved amo though

Christian Romero likes this.
  13. tyler_pifer

This is the first I'm hearing about any abuse towards his ex-wife and after some research, the only article I could find was from a website that didn't come accross as anything more than a gossip site, so I'm not sure about that. There's far more about her cheating on him than anything else.

In regards to the whole pissing on a female fan incident, there are several eye witness accounts, but none of them mach up so who knows what really happened.

If either or both are true, then fuck him. There doesn't seem to be enough for me to judge him either way, however.

14. From what I've seen there was a lot of media back-and-forth about who said and did what to whom so it sounds like it was a pretty turbulent relationship but it doesn't make that OK. The bottle/piss incident was brought to court but dropped on lack of evidence then swept entirely under the rug when his band went big.

Mary V likes this.
  15. Sybil

Regular

I'm not a fan of this band generally, but this EP is pretty good.

Definitely into the experimental, artsy, weird, stuff more so than generic metalcore/pop band stuff they usually do.

RaginCajun likes this.
  16. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

This EP was just a side thing Oli and Jordan did for fun, alot of it thematically was taken from bits and pieces of amo. There are familiar spots throughout this thing and think it was just made as a sort of fun experimental thing. Id be willing to bet the next album will be nothing like this and closer to amo or ludens.

RaginCajun and Analog Drummer like this.
  17. Analog Drummer

Regular

Yeah I’m not taking this as an album, just something two of them did to let some creative juices out that they needed to, just a wedge in between real albums

18. Analog Drummer

Regular

Zzzzzzzzz

19. laraheart

I don't really know what happened with this band, but I feel as though that's not the appropriate response. Have we had this conversation before?

20. Sybil

Regular

Yeah, you're probably right.

This will probably remain the only EP, or album, from them that I somewhat like.

Oh well, this is pretty nice to have as background music for certain things though!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

22. abcdefg123

Regular

So, let me make sure I understand what you’re saying. You’re saying that you literally don’t care about someone being a piece of shit abuser who shouldn’t have a career because you like the music that said shitty abuser makes? Got it.

I hope being a terrible person doesn’t cause you to lose too much sleep at night.

Carrow likes this.
  23. abcdefg123

Regular

I love how almost everyone ignored this and continued to talk about this unnecessary ep.

Ben Lee, Carrow and tyramail like this.
  24. abcdefg123

Regular

Don’t mind me. I’m just posting another comment with this post attached so it can be seen again, or ignored again if we’re being real here.

Carrow likes this.
  25. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

Maybe because someone followed up by saying it can hardly be verified and was likely domestic hearsay.