Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper Talk New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Creeper talked with Alternative Press about their new album and what to expect:

Well, it’s unrecognizable, I’d say. It’s changed forms quite a drastic amount. For instance, there are no fast songs on this record. There are no double-time beats on this record. We haven’t made a punk record at all. I wasn’t inspired to do that. It didn’t seem relevant to be doing that at this exact point for us. So, when things are punk here, it’s in a more aggressive delivery, perhaps, rather than a double-time beat. I feel like we were using that as a crutch sometimes when we were writing. Listening back to the other records, I’m very proud of them, but I felt like every time we started trying to make something that was a little bit more challenging, we would deliver it, but then we would immediately feel like we’d need to do a standard punk song to make up for the fact that we had done something that was challenging our listeners. I just don’t want to do that anymore. I want to make a record that’s exactly in the image of these challenging ideas.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can respect that. I like the new song too. I won’t lie and say I wasn’t looking forward to more double time stuff though. That stuff wins me over almost everytime. It’s what I loved most about the the last album. It was refreshing for the genre.

3. 333 GANG

ACAB

I'm sure I'll enjoy this, but hearing there are no fast songs is pretty disappointing.

Jake W likes this.