Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Xtra Signs With Hopeless Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lil Xtra has signed with Hopeless Records and released a video for “Under the Weather.”

Atlanta, GA – Hopeless Records is excited to announce its newest signing, Lil Xtra. Fans can check out the music video for the genre-shattering artist’s latest single, “Under The Weather”, here: smarturl.it/UnderTheWeather
    With two self-released full-length albums already under his belt, Lil Xtra has claimed his seat amongst his SoundCloud royalty peers like guardin and nothing, nowhere. and is ready for the next step with the release of stand-alone single “Under The Weather”. The song has the same raw honesty that Lil Xtra fans have come to expect – touching on what it’s like to feel isolated and trapped.

“Music has helped me in so many ways in my darkest times. I’ve always wanted to share that experience with my own music,” says Clayton Roney, better known as Lil Xtra when reflecting on his art. Referred to as “the La Dispute of Emo Rap”, Lil Xtra understands how to connect with his fans; writing, producing, and recording all of his own music in his hometown of Atlanta, GA.

With an early 2020 tour with labelmate dying in designer already selling in every major US market, the future for Lil Xtra knows no limits.

2. seeing this immediately following up the news that Epitaph signed Lil Lotus is really weird

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Glad it wasn't just me. Not complaining about it, just a coincidence.
    I wonder if when I was a teen people reacted the same way to similar artist names and appearances the way I do now to emo rappers...I guess I'm getting old.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. You just used the phrase "emo rappers," which I believe means we're all getting old

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

came in here to say the same, ha

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yeah...not feeling this. Lil Peep is the only artist I can get into in this genre.

7. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

As my username presents... but yea, I don't particularly gravitate to this kind of stuff but he doesn't really sound very talented to me. I listen to a lot of NF/Post Malone some others, and that puts this to shame.

8. At least this guy's listenable -- the similar artist signed to Epitaph is intolerable

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  9. irthesteve

I gave both a listen for kicks. This one is boring but nothing offensive, the other is embarrassing

10. Eggzackly

11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Honest question: is that the appropriate genre name? I've had such a blind spot to this stream of hip-hop, other than hearing names or seeing artists on Complex content.

12. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

All these rock labels seeing dollar signs; can't hate I guess.

13. I hate the term, but I think it's accurate, yeah.

14. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This song has actually grown on me. It's got some good lyrics in there (especially the second verse).

I will say that the name/face/voice still all seem completely off to me which is quite interesting. I keep expecting someone to go, "Ha, I gotcha. That's not actually Lil Xtra. This is actually just a guy who works at Home Depot that we got to fill in for the video."

15. CyberInferno

Just looked that one up (Lil Lotus for anyone curious). Yeah...that was just bad.

EDIT: Or were you talking about guccihighwaters? Cause that shit is bad too. Epitaph is making some crappy picks for this style of music.

16. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

The bubble on this terrible trend has already burst.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Pretty ungrateful for someone with 8000 followers

irthesteve likes this.
  19. CyberInferno

I wonder what the heck happened...pretty short honeymoon period considering he only signed 5 months ago.

20. irthesteve

sounds like he didn't understand the contract he signed

22. CyberInferno

I thought he only signed in December?! This all doesn't make sense.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yup.

24. I read it in a hyperbolic tone.