Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Lotus Signs With Epitaph Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Epitaph Records have signed Lil Lotus. Today he released his new single and music video “Never Get Away.”

Epitaph Records is proud to announce the signing of rapper, singer, songwriter, Lil Lotus. A pioneer of the emo rap genre Lotus emerged in 2017 with his influential Body Bag EP (featuring GothBoiClique collective members and friends Cold Hart and Nedarb).
    Today he launches his new single and music video “Never Get Away.”

Like his namesake the lotus flower that blooms in muddy waters, Lil Lotus’s music grows from the pain of real-life experiences. Blending confessional lyrics, pop-punk melodies and rap beats, “Never Get Away” is a song about pain, sobriety and facing your demons that marks Lotus’s return to a scene he helped launch.

Lil Lotus explains, “Once I got sober, I realized a lot of the problems I was dealing with when I was coping with drugs were surfacing even more, I felt like I could never get away. Dealing with anxiety and relationships magnified everything.”

For Lotus signing with Epitaph Records, a label that influenced him in his formative years playing in post hardcore bands is a dream come true.

According to Label Founder and CEO Brett Gurewitz, “Hip-hop and punk were born around the same time and I’ve been a fan of both genres since the 80s. The music of Lil Lotus brings these beloved countercultures together in an authentic way.”

Lotus is working on music to be released in 2020.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Interesting label. This dude was really nice when I met him on a nothing,nowhere. tour.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's embarrassing that you can imagine exactly what this song will sound like, just by looking at the screenshot of the video

AllenRicketts likes this.
  4. buckcheeks

Regular

Off brand nothing.nowhere?

5. tomdelonge

Trusted

is there anything adam driver can't do?

irthesteve and AllenRicketts like this.
  6. AllenRicketts

Regular

lil owl city

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

Hellllllll yeah

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

For anyone interested, he dropped an album "2016-2018" including almost his entire discography. A lot streaming outside of Soundcloud for the first time.

44 tracks.