Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I don't know how I feel about this. Paul Rudd is a national treasure, and Stranger Things and IT have shown you can make great entertainment for adults and children alike with a cast of kids, but I do wonder if it's strayed too far from the series concept, especially moving it from NYC which is almost a character itself in the previous movies.

tytymcg likes this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I like this idea of telling a very different story in the same "universe" much better than re-telling the same story with a new cast.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

For sure! Despite any scepticism I may have expressed, I'm definitely open-minded to a change of location and pace, and love the universe enough to recognise and appreciate easter eggs they might lay.

5. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

A big part of what made GB great was the New York city aspect. how ruthless and crazy it is. how its not that far fetched that ghosts could be taking over the city and the citizens couldn't even really be bothered, until it got really bad. the casting of those movies for the little characters was perfectly executed. in GB2 the guy who works for con Edison and has to go to court, I truly believe that man does work con Edison.

I'm a little surprised Finn Wolfhard is doing the movie. From just the trailer it just seems like it looks a lot like his stranger thing character. Obviously this is going to be a huge movie though, so what the hell do I know?

I'll def go see it, but was really hoping for adults in New York city. Craig Robinson would've been a great Ghost Buster.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it's fine

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Nothing in this teaser excited me in the slightest, but it's a teaser…