Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Eilish Lands Massive Payday for Apple TV+ Documentary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Natalie Jarvey and Kim Masters, writing for The Hollywood Reporter:

Billie Eilish’s big 2019 is culminating as she nears a deal with Apple TV+ for a documentary that comes with a $25 million price tag, according to multiple sources.

The film, which has already been shot, was directed by R.J. Cutler and produced in collaboration with Eilish’s label, Interscope Records, for a budget that one source pegs as being between $1 million and $2 million. It is expected to follow the 17-year-old singer-songwriter in the wake of the release of her debut album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, in March of this year. Cutler was granted deep access to Eilish’s private moments with family and behind-the-scenes of her public appearances.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. CMilliken

Trusted

Keep gettin’ them checks! Stoked about this. She’s a character and I’ve really enjoyed all the interviews I’ve seen. I’m down for a doc.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

25 mil?! Holy snikes!

4. transrebel59

Regular

I'm super interested in what the ceiling on her career is. Wondering if we have another Lorde situation.

Side note: Apple TV is pretty disappointing but Dickinson is incredibly fun. About 5 episodes in and it's really enjoyable.

AllenRicketts likes this.
  5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

6. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

She’s already had more singles chart than Lorde hasn’t she? I see Billie having longevity

7. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Great. Now she can afford to eat more spiders.