Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Confirmed on XXXTentacion Track Listing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The track listing for XXXTentacion’s posthumous album, Bad Vibes Forever, has been released. Blink-182 are now confirmed to have contributed to the track “It’s All Fading to Black.”

I’ve sat here for the past thirty minutes trying to figure out how to word this post, which I felt was important to make because it is newsworthy and I think people should know it’s confirmed and happening. Right now, I’m as frustrated and angry as I have been in a long time at something in the musical world. I think this post from our forums sums up where a lot of my frustration is coming from at the moment.

Track Listing

1. “introduction”
    2. “Ex Bitch”
    3. “UGLY”
    4. “bad vibes forever” (feat. PnB Rock & Trippie Redd)
    5. “School Shooters” (feat. Lil Wayne)
    6. “I Changed Her Life” (feat. Rick Ross)
    7. “Triumph”
    8. “LIMBO” (feat. Killstation)
    9. “before i realize”
    10. “Ecstasy” (feat. Noah Cyrus)
    11. “Kill My Vibe” (feat. Tom G)
    12. “Hot Gyal” (feat. Tory Lanez & Mavado)
    13. “THE ONLY TIME I FEEL ALIVE” (feat. Craig Xen)
    14. “the interlude that never ends”
    15. “Daemons” (feat. Joey Bada$$ & Kemba)
    16. “ATTENTION!”
    17. “Eat It Up”
    18. “Voss (Sauce Walka)”
    19. “Royalty” (feat. Ky-Mani Marley, Stefflon Don, & Vybz Kartel)
    20. “wanna grow old (i won’t let go)” (feat. Jimmy Levy)
    21. “HEARTEATER”
    22. “NorthStar Remix” (feat. Joyner Lucas)
    23. “CHASE / glass shards” (feat. Ikabod Veins)
    24. “numb the pain”
    25. “IT’S ALL FADING TO BLACK” (feat. Blink 182)

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That sucks. Shame on everyone that is featured on that.

Zilla, Acedia, Brent and 2 others like this.
  3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I don't know the most appropriate way to say this...but when celebrities who did terrible things die, I understand how it can complicate how people choose to talk about them, but I always hope that if it's not going to shine a light on their misdeeds, their platform that validates/excuses their actions will disappear.

When you then see a release like this that celebrates him, ignores his legacy of violence, and makes bands like Blink feel comfortable enough to formally put their name beside his, it's really infuriating.

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Disappointed in a lot of those features.

5. razorburn

Trusted

Disappointing, to say the least.

6. Fuck this band.

Acedia and jorbjorb like this.
  7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Can we officially say that they've tarnished their legacy now?

Acedia and john343 like this.
  8. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

WELP

Brent and AllenRicketts like this.
  9. Not just tarnished. I hope they never come back from this because they don't deserve to. Fuck 'em all.

Acedia likes this.
  10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I was going to play devil's advocate and ask if blink-182 was aware of this, but being that some of this news broke back in 2017, it's hard to imagine they recorded it before the news broke. And even if they hadn't read any of that news (I'd like to think that's the case), someone in their camp should have at least done some homework on the guy.

Hopefully they and everyone else on this album ask for their credit to be removed. The tracks are what they are, but I recall at least one other time news was reported on this site about an artist being removed from being featured on a track because they didn't like the final product (maybe with Eminem...that's what I'm recalling).

EDIT: It was with Eminem: Justin Vernon on Eminem Collaboration: "Not a Fan of the Message" • chorus.fm

battlingaheavyheart likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say they won’t do shit, and will probably promote it

Brent likes this.
  12. thisisasong

And I thought their Chainsmokers collab where they blatantly rip off I Miss You was bad.

SuNDaYSTaR and AllenRicketts like this.
  13. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

I would really really love to hear an explanation, I say explanation because there will never be justification, ever, none, for doing this. I've tweeted @ Mark a few times about this already and it's been ignored. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm muted at this point but I really feel as someone who claims to want to be on the right side of such issues, an explanation as to why they've chosen to profit off a history of abuse isn't much to ask.

14. Travis got a XXX tattoo live on radio a while back and produced the Kanye song with him. I think it's fair to say they know the history.

15. AMC

Regular

What did this guy do?

16. BradBradley

Regular

You could google it if you want to know. There are hundreds of articles out there.

heymattrick likes this.
  17. I also linked to a post with quite a few of the details, and sources, in the article itself.

Acedia and Brent like this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What in the actual fuck? This is Kevin Lyman levels of tone deaf.

Just. Cut. All. Ties. There is literally no reason why Blink-182 should be involved in this as it won't truly benefit them in any way. I'm sure there are (literally) at least a dozen artists they could choose to collaborate with (across multiple genres, including hip-hop) who have a fanbase just as big (and just as young) that they could collaborate effectively with...

This is gross. And embarrassing. I'm legitimately baffled as to what the rationale could be here. Like, legit. And 2/3 of Blink have been blatantly involved with other, similar shit the last few years... So that's saying something...

heymattrick likes this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

smh

20. church11

your answer is in your question (i.e., profit)...the explanation is $. shit and lame but true.

21. AllenRicketts

Regular

This really is hysterically true. Imagine thinking some of this desperate chasing they've been doing was born of integrity. I really like Nine as a whole but come on. They had kids doing Fortnite dances. Fucking lol at the shock in here.

zachmacD, chewbacca110 and Walkabout like this.
  22. soundclash

Regular

Blink are just a giant mess. Travis is a massive hypocrite and Matt Skiba’s friends with a white supremacist. This just adds to the shit icing on the shit cake.

23. Ska Senanake

Trusted

We knew about this for a long time here and yet Blink has made more headlines in the last few months than any other band...

24. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

What's that about? First off this whole mess is bullshit but I haven't cared to listen to Blink in 15 years so I wasn't planning on supporting them regardless but have always been an Alk3 fan. Was hoping this was just something Mark did and tied the band name to it, but if that is true as well it sounds like good reason to be done with both of the bands.

25. Walkabout

Regular

I’m out of the loop on Matt’s friend. Who’s that?