Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember Explain Delayed Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A Day to Remember talked with WSOU about why their album was pushed back:

It got pushed back because the art for the record isn’t done yet,” Kevin shared. “We still can’t find a good cover for the record. I know it doesn’t really matter nowadays with streaming and everything, but we just want everything to be perfect before it comes out. And there are still a couple of songs that are still getting mixed that we just need to find the right mixer. It’s only getting pushed back – what? Two, two and a half months, so it’s not too bad.

MRose24 likes this.
  2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I would argue album art is actually more important now with streaming than in the past. You see that on your car, phone, app, etc. with every song you play. In the olden days, you just saw it when you pulled out your CD.

3. All Systems Goku

It’s just going to be a dude with his back to the viewer anyway.

boo7er, Acedia, parkerxcore and 12 others like this.
  4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Ok, that's kind of hilarious. I hadn't noticed that before.

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

So now when is it due?

6. Bahaha I never noticed that until now.

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

If they were all that concerned about artwork then they wouldn’t have ever released an album lol

SuNDaYSTaR and mattylikesfilms like this.
  8. tobytobes

Regular

To everyone else's point(s) and my own opinions, haha:

Artwork - I don't know how much album art I would recognize anymore other than from looking at the record cover once or twice when I play them. The last ones that really stick out to me are only from the bands that I'm super into, so I'm kinda torn on them delaying an album because of it.

Mixing - That's concerning that they had a release date and then decided before it came out "Yeah the mix is bad we need someone to do this." I wonder if they had like test versions of the songs go out and people mentioned it being rough. The mix on Resentment sounded off to me as an example.

9. MRose24

Regular

wooo go WSOU!

10. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

id be shocked if they even have enough songs written for this thing. I smell a fish.