Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Perform New Song With the Chainsmokers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Interesting that it seems to be a second blink collab without Matt

Brent likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I really hate Drew's singing voice, if Matt sang his verse in the studio version I would be pleased. Song seems solid overall, but I can always do with less Drew vocals

4. 44DeLonge

horrible.

5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

From what I understand he is in the collab but just wasn’t there last night

irthesteve likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

lol

7. Crisp X Nov 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2019)
    The Chainsmokers has to be up there with Ed Sheeran as the worst current thing in mainstream pop music

8. CyberInferno Nov 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2019)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This gives me a really strong Owl City vibe to the point that if you told me this was an Owl City feat. blink-182 song, I would believe you.

The dual drums here throw me off because there are a number of parts where they're not quite synced up right. So it creates this distracting drum echo. I'm presuming it wasn't recorded like that, and it's fun enough to do as a live thing.

As a song, this is pretty "meh". Not bad, but not something I'll come back to.
    I don't know if I like his voice, but I think he performs well live. Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Owl City lead singer?
    I'm curious how either of those groups end up as the worst current thing in mainstream pop music. I'm not defending either one of them as human beings (Chainsmokers especially), but I think you can do a helluva lot worse as far as pop music is concerned. They actually play instruments and write their own music (for the most part). I would take either of those over that donut licker, Ariana Grande, or quite a few other pop acts right now.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  9. abcdefg123

Regular

I'd take Ariana Grande over either of them any day.

FTank, zachmacD, St. Nate and 2 others like this.
  10. All Systems Goku

I that every time I see Blink in the headlines I end up cringing. I hate seeing what they end up becoming.

11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

[​IMG]

mattylikesfilms and zachmacD like this.
  12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I used to find her to be tolerable, but her newer songs like "7 Rings" are just godawful.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  13. Touché, this is one of her worst songs but thankfully it's not representative of the album. She just has bad taste when it comes to picking singles sometimes haha

14. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

does no one else hear the ripped off i miss you vocal melody..?

AllenRicketts likes this.
  15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Now that you mention it, I def do in the beginning of each verse. Good call.

16. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

Mark is too cringe for me. Tom and Travis brought the cool. Mark brought the suburban

17. AllenRicketts

Regular

It's driving me crazy. What a weird/ tasteless choice.

18. prattsy

Regular

Woof

19. zachmacD

Trusted

Besides their unlikeable personalities, the chainsmokers used to make some cool stuff. Idk why this guy ever started singing.

As far as blink is concerned, these guys have tarnished their legacy more than I can even comprehend. I get that most of their music was always immature but for them to make untitled then revert back to “she’s out of her mind” is insane.

20. But Nine is a great album. :shrug:

21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

There needs to be a drinking game for front page article "tarnishing the legacy" comments haha

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I'd take Ariana over most artists.