Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Go Radio – “Say It Again”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

God, I've missed his voice.

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was going to say the same thing.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. I think this would feel like a logical next step for the band if they hadn't called it quits in 2013. In two words: safe, dated.

This song will be a big hit in non-denominational youth groups.

Edit: I just noticed that this was released as the b-side of a seemingly new recording/mix of "Goodnight Moon," which in itself is a painfully safe and corny way to break back into things.

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah I have to admit it’s good to hear Jason’s voice again but the song itself felt predictable. Not necessarily a bad thing as it sounds like Go Radio being Go Radio. Hoping for more though to make me re-interested again.

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I like this a lot actually.... It'd be weird if they went for the indy PBR rock band sound or a generic gen z style "rock band" thing. I dig this a ton.

7. At first glance I thought this was a Hunger Games sequel. Weird branding choice but hey.

Also, lyric videos are hard for me to take in a song on first listen. I end up reading the lyrics instead of enjoying/listening to the song, anyone else?

8. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I think it offers a different way to enjoy the song. When I listen to music, it's super easy for me to tune out the lyrics (and therefore totally miss the story/message of the song) unless I'm reading along. With lyric videos, I've found songs often stick with me more because my first impressions can be informed by actually absorbing the good lyrics I otherwise would've missed. So I appreciate having the video component there, knowing I can always look or scroll away if I ultimately find the visuals too distracting.

beachdude and BoldType like this.
  9. SFguitar

Regular

This is so boring. Wish they would go back to the sound of their EP but I know it will never happen.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. battlingaheavyheart

searching for a former clarity

For a hot second I was confusing this band with Go Crash Audio, thinking what a strange choice for that band to be trying to make a comeback in 2019 lmao. Anyway, upon listening to the song, I was immediately set straight because there's no mistaking Jason Lancaster's voice.

I wish I liked this song more than I do, but looking forward to any future releases.

11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I like this quite a bit. A nice little taste of the band after a very long break. Excited to hear what they put together on a record.

beachdude and billyboatman like this.
  12. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I really loved their first EPs (and Jason's work with Mayday) but especially the last full length was just really boring to me.

At some point Jason really just started chewing on/slurring his vocals in a way that I don't like at all, and it's all over this song. Hope he finds the audience he is looking for because I still wish him all the success in the world.

13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Super boring. Pass.

14. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

My bigger issue is if the song has mediocre (or worse) lyrics it becomes even more noticeable for me and I'll maybe never be able to overlook them.

beachdude and BoldType like this.
  15. AbsolutePunk

No affiliation with absolutepunk.net or Chorus.fm

He's released 2 awesome solo records since the last Go Radio release.

16. Jim186

No thank you. Now, that Go Crash Audio comment got me thinking.. I'd love to hear some new material from them.

battlingaheavyheart likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Meh. First guy said it first. Safe/Dated should have been the song title lol

18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I came in here to say the same. I’ve always loved Jason’s voice. I’ve missed Go Radio.

definitely digging this song..

beachdude likes this.
  19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I forgot how nice it was to listen to that voice and that's a quite feel-good track. But very boring and dated, true.