Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember – “Resentment” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

As much as I roll my eyes when fans complain about bands changing, ADTR is a band I'm pretty precious about because they've done so little wrong in their career in my opinion. The incorporation of the electronics is a little less nuanced than in 'Degenerates', but as always the core songwriting is superb, and they're one of the only bands still doing exciting breakdowns in 2019. Colour me excited for the album.

3. ibanez966

Electronics can complement rock very well as long as at its core the song is still guitar-driven rock. In my opinion, once the electronics become the core driver of the instrumentals that's when they become a negative.

This song is still a rock song at its core. And it rocks.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

EYEOFTHETIGER GRRRRRR

5. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Cosign on this being a rock song with electronics, instead of an electronic song with guitar. You could take away that element and this would still sound like something off Common Courtesy.

It thumps. 2/2 on the new stuff for me. Hope the album actually comes out soon.

6. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I dig it.

7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

1/2 for me, I liked it more on second listen than first. The other song was the worst single I think they’ve ever released. This one is better, and the electronics are a cool addition. The last album did nothing for me and so far I think I’m pretty much over what this band has to offer me, but I’ll keep listening.

SamLevi11, SuNDaYSTaR and SFguitar like this.
  8. MacbethSin

Regular

Wake me when they have the balls to cut out the obligatory boring breakdowns

9. Jusscali

But what else would they do? lol

withchappedlips likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is miles better than the other single, which bored me to tears.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  11. SFguitar

Regular

That breakdown is fire. Great song!

12. Jusscali

God that last record sucked hard....just tried going back to it

13. SFguitar

Regular

It seems like Jeremy completely forgot how to write hooks on that one. The bad production doesn't help the album either.

14. Jusscali

It seriously is leaps and bounds their worst

15. Thought Common Courtesy and Bad VIbrations were their only above average albums but I might be in the minority.

16. Jusscali

I like Common Courtesy for sure, but I can't say I prefer it over any of the others. It's crazy cause I legitimately can't get through Vibrations. For a band who has such a samesy feel to their style, it's almost impossible to deduce how that's possible.

17. The production perhaps?

18. Jusscali