Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Eilish – “Everything I Wanted”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. This is crazy. It incorporates so many of the sounds and tools and production tricks of her big hits, and yet the song recontextualizes all those items into something that isn't scary or edge-y but instead something that's soft and beautiful and sad.

3. VCargo08

Agreed. I wish she'd try out more full-voice stuff, but it's really good otherwise.

As an aside, is it just me or has commenting on stories started to feel more and more like shouting into the void? Is traffic really that much lower than it used to be, or is there a much hipper spot to be having conversation around news stories? Not to be all "back in the day" about it, but I feel like old AP.net life was a lot of long convos about damn near every story posted, and now it's not even remotely uncommon to see post after post with no comments at all.

4. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I feel the same way. I think a lot of the action might be happening in dedicated artist threads instead?

5. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

thirded. Where is everyone?

6. battlingaheavyheart

searching for a former clarity

Okay I was a big user of AP.net back in the day, and did not make the transition to chorus.fm when the site was closed. I can't really remember why, but I believe I didn't make the switch because, on chorus.fm, there was no option to comment on stories like there had been on AP.net.

That said, I decided to log into my chorus.fm account yesterday for the first time in over two years to find that yes, you actually can comment on news stories. Has this always been the case and I somehow missed it before, or is this a newer feature of the site that wasn't around when the site first started?

As someone who is trying to get back into this stuff, I too was shocked when I notice how little activity is happening on the news stories! Such a bummer, as reading the comments was always my favourite aspect of AP.net.

7. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

It was implemented very shortly after the site launched, but Jason seemingly made a conscious decision not to emphasize that it existed. I think he got tired of the old news post commentariat and preferred to somewhat bury the feature.

battlingaheavyheart likes this.