Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kanye West has the number one album in the country:

Jesus Is King was released on Oct. 25 via G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam Recordings and earned 264,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Oct. 31, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 109,000 were in album sales, while the rest was powered largely by streaming activity.

2. Absolutely ridiculous. What does it take for this guy to stop getting attention?

hiddentrack, Jake W and tyramail like this.
  3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Album was not good.

Mr. Serotonin and Ska Senanake like this.
  4. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

The merch for this album is incredible. They might be the worst designs I've ever seen and he's asking absurd prices for them as expected. It truly does look like someone made shitty meme t-shirts except its real and they're $160.

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This shocks me in no way haha. I feel like this entire album cycle has been about the $$$ not the quality.

6. serotonin

If you haven't seen it, I highly, highly suggest you do. It's honestly incredible how bad it is.
    Kanye - Jesus Is King Merch

7. ZeoVGM

Regular

8. serotonin

Dunkey taking a break from video game memes to laugh about how bad this merch is just proves the point haha.

sawhney[rusted]2 and tyramail like this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Man that’s horrendous. I’ve had the idea that the whole massive religious route was about nothing but $$ either. Kanye is a clown.

10. ZeoVGM

Regular

That's why I charge the prices that I charrrrrrrrge

sawhney[rusted]2 and serotonin like this.
  11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This shirt is amazing though... I can see how it sold out since it was probably "only" $60.
    [​IMG]

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

As someone who’s loved Kanye since the beginning, this album, plus his recent actions, have finally pushed me to the point where I just can’t defend him anymore.

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

We had a big debate around our lunch table at work today. And almost everyone was in the same shoes, aside from one defender who kept telling us how genius JIK still was, and didn't believe it was the real merch. For me it feels impossible to separate his words, actions, merch, etc. - and I can't seem to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything anymore

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. BradBradley

Regular

I kinda thought it must be getting blown out of proportion here. I was scrolling through the “vinyl” shirts/sweat pants/hats/etc. and, while way more than I would ever pay, the designs didn’t seem too ridiculous... and then I got to all of the “enter email” clothing. HOLY SHIT (bah dum tsh) that is some of the worst merch I have ever seen in my entire life hahahahahaha. What was he thinking?

serotonin and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Does anyone on this site like this record? Seriously out of curiosity, what do you like about it?

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's the worst Kanye album but I don't hate it. Beats/melodies are good, lyrics are the low point

Dan O'Neill and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

dang, that's more than what Ye did in the same space

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think it would have pretty damn good if he had decided to only use guest vocalists

mescalineeyes likes this.
  19. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

the beats are dope it's just the lyrics are only tolerable on like 2-3 songs.

the 2nd song (selah) slaps

AMC, tyramail and The Lucky Moose like this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

This

21. AMC

Regular

I actually really like about 4 tracks
    The beats are so good

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

AMC likes this.
  23. AMC

Regular

What really weird is my wife could care less about Kanye West she mostly listens to alternative punk stuff that's posted on this website but she actually loves three or four tracks from the new Kanye album.

My son that 7 years old also love to Chick-fil-A song. Haha

24. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

As some others have said, I like the beats and melodies on this better than some of his most-recent stuff. Lyrics suck. Some of the vocals are alright. I somewhat enjoy listening to it which is more than I can say for other Kanye recently.