Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Announces AirPods Pro

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Apple has announced new noise canceling AirPods.

Active Noise Cancellation on AirPods Pro uses two microphones combined with advanced software to continuously adapt to each individual ear and headphone fit. This removes background noise to provide a uniquely customized, superior noise-canceling experience that allows a user to focus on what they’re listening to — whether it’s a favorite song or a phone conversation.

2. I think this is the news I needed to push me over the edge into finally buying a pair of these.

3. thechetearly

Regular

Dude they are GREAT. I have the first version and I love them. I'm sure the Pro's are going to be even better, especially with noise cancelling.

MRose24, beachdude and Chase Tremaine like this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

The big thing that keeps me from investing in these is that I don’t want to have to replace them every couple of years when the battery goes to shit.

pauljgreco, CMilliken and zachmacD like this.
  5. btr

Trusted Supporter

Lmao I was gifted Airpods on Friday. Assuming I might be able to return them for these and pay the difference? (they are opened)

thechetearly likes this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

That’s the only negative. I got mine in January of 2017 and as of last month, the left AirPod only last 20 minutes. They are fucking awesome though. I just will be super pissed if I pay 250 and they still only last a little over 2 years

333 GANG likes this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

I want a pair of these in a bad way, but I don’t know how great the battery life (long term wise) could really get anytime soon due to the physical limitations of how small they are. Hoping for the best, but not expecting a whole lot.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I still don’t like the idea of having a Bluetooth radio wave constantly going through my head from one ear to the other. Does anyone know if this is safe long term?

9. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Easily one of my favorite Apple products ever. One of those types of products that when you get them you wonder how you ever lived without them.

10. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I hate this design. The original AirPods are the only headphones designed to rest in your ears and I love them for it. These new ones are just like every other brand’s design that you jam in to your ears which I cannot stand. So uncomfortable.

Re: battery life. Apple products generally don’t allow for their batteries to be replaced (without breaking warranty or in some overly complicated way). The fact is, this is a feature, not a bug. Make of that what you will. I don’t see their batteries lasting longer than 2 years (some shorter, some longer, seems luck of the draw) until there’s a different type of battery used. Which I don’t know if it exists in this size yet.

Re: Bluetooth in your brain. I thought about this before I got my AirPods 1.5 years ago and haven’t thought about it much since. I carry around my iPhone in my pocket every day. If the waves are gonna take me, I’m already gone. Might as well enjoy my time on this rock with some sweet tunes in the meantime. But seriously, haven’t experienced any headaches, health concerns, etc. Maybe in 20 years we’ll know more.

11. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Sadly never liked this style of headphones. Skipping because of that and the price.

john343, theredline and beachdude like this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Lowkey have wondered the same thing... hasn't stopped me yet from using my pair daily though :crylaugh:

13. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I like most Apple products but every time I see someone walk by with these things I just can’t get over how ugly they look. Everyone likes what they like but I just can’t handle how goofy the white piece hanging past your ear looks. Terrible.

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

15. disambigujason Oct 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2019)
    disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

My sennheiser Bluetooth headphones have that transparency feature. Not sure how common it is, or how useful it’ll be in buds that are easy to take out and for which pausing on removal is a key feature, but I love it and use it regularly. Think it’s under appreciated.

also the Apple product site for these is probably my favorite they’ve done. Flows very naturally.

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Just found out that the AirPods Pro will not be compatible with my early 2011 MacBook Pro. Bummer.

17. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

If you’re stupid like many of us out there, no worries

this noise cancelling would have been choice for my flight yesterday. Very welcome addition for AirPod enthusiasts !

thechetearly likes this.
  18. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

By the sounds of it, the noise cancelling isn't amazing.

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

He actually speaks quite highly of the noise cancelation in this video.

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

FWIW I just purchased a set of Powerbeats Pro & they are phenomenal. The sound is full & complete & the comfort is long term. They’ve encouraged me to run more & for longer periods.

21. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I agree. They still look like ugly earrings to me no matter how often I see them. I much prefer the look of my Powerbeats 3. Plus, I can actually do things like control the volume and change tracks without talking to myself (though admittedly, I have no idea if these new ones support that—I just know that was a problem when I got mine a couple years back).

theredline likes this.
  22. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

But he also says they wouldn't be very good on aeroplanes.

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

In fairness, what he said was he’s not sure if he would wear them on a plane, but he would need to test them further. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be any good on a plane, and keep in mind he’s someone who is used to traveling with top of the line, over ear headphones with noise cancelation, something that really can’t fairly be measured next to earbuds.

Damien Davies likes this.
  24. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Fair point.

333 GANG likes this.