Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chris Conley Talks About the Music that Influenced ‘Through Being Cool’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Chris Conley of Saves the Day talked with BrooklynVegan about the songs that inspired Through Being Cool:

Lifetime usually played fast and loud and sounded like Bad Brains with poetic lyrics, but this song was mid tempo and catchy and emotional and raw. I must have listened to this song a thousand times in my lifetime and its essence is fused with my DNA. This song is a major reason why Saves The Day slowed down a bit on Through Being Cool and started playing more mid tempo melodic rock and roll.

slickdtc likes this.
  2. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

New Noise is the song that got me into heavier music...love this list and it's cool to see an in depth conversation around their influences. Interviews like this remind me of when the sports media ask an actual football question to Aaron Rogers or something, and then their answer blows us away with the knowledge of their craft. Need more of these types of interviews...getting tangible reasoning behind the STD sound, the vocal layering, guitars etc...cool to know where the credit is due.

Arthur Dantas likes this.
  3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Lifetime is so good. I still listen to them regularly. The Self-Titled album on Decaydence/FBR should have been huge.
    And New Noise isn’t my favorite song on that Refused album. Because they’re all so good!

4. Arthur Dantas

who cares

Pretty cool.
    Couldn't agree more about "New Noise".
    That was spot on.