Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Interviewed and Perform Two Songs for French Radio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. gbuffers

England.

I have the pleasure of going to a blink-182 acoustic show on Friday - I can't wait.

3. MacbethSin

Regular

Oh god was that the first time they ever played Darkside like that

Serenity Now likes this.
  4. CyberInferno Oct 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2019)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This is actually a really interesting interview structure in that the host is actually translating all of their responses back to the audience.
    I thought it was kind of interesting speeding up the chorus. And I liked the guitar part before the bridge. There were a couple rough transitions, but otherwise, I enjoyed it.

Also, I thought that cover of All The Small Things was damned good.

EDIT: Interesting to hear Matt's very strong beliefs about how messed up the world is. Not used to hearing him be that strongly opinionated. I like it.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  5. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

That sped up chorus with the jagged riffing is really good.

6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Guys, they sounded like absolute garbage.

7. orangehorizon

Trusted

Wow, that was very weird (the way the interviewer asked the questions and translated without any plan).

And I definitely did not like the way they played the chorus of Darkside. But then, this song is probably one of the worst to use for an acoustic version in the first place.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  8. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Growing up in Quebec, that was a regular occurrence because most people aren't fluent enough in English to understand everything. To be fair, they're mostly summarizing/paraphrasing what they said.

9. CyberInferno

Yeah, I thought it was handled pretty well really. It's obviously tough for everyone involved because the guys in blink also have to pause their answers (sometimes being intentionally cut off by the interviewer) so the interviewer can relay that information to the audience.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Lol at "cover"

11. CyberInferno

Unintentional there...not sure why I used "cover" instead of "rendition" or "version" or something like that. I do not consider Tom-less blink-182 to be "covering" with-Tom blink-182 songs.

12. jackyjackyjack

Regular

I watched this on YouTube and Mark actually starts smiling in the sped-up chorus as if to say 'I know this sounds terrible.'