Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alex Gaskarth Talks With RockSound

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alex Gaskarth talked with RockSound about the latest Simple Creatures’ EP:

There’s some really cool ideas floating out there in the big folder of potential Simple Creatures music, but I think as we’ve continued to write, the ethos and the sound of Simple Creatures is becoming more defined. At first, we were just kind of swinging and trying a lot of different things, and part of that process was finding out the voice of Simple Creatures and what that is. Now we’re a lot more familiar with the kind of music we want to make for this, I think when it comes time to making more music, I’m sure we’ll go back and end up pulling from some of that stuff. But I think the idea of continuing to innovate and keep it new is what excites me most about this project, so I imagine that’s where we’ll go with it.

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Pleasantly surprised that I might like the second EP more than the first. NVM, The Wolf and Thanks, I Hate It is a real fun, strong back half.

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I only like One Little Lie on the second ep. This venture was a big bummer for me.