Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alicia Vikander Cast as Lara Croft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I heard rumors it would be Daisy Ridley recently and am kinda let down now.

3. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Curious how this goes.

4. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I want to be bummed that the Daisy Ridley rumors didn't pan out, but Alicia Vikander is flawless. I think in a perfect world she would have a role in every single movie ever put out.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Alicia Vikander is the bomb and I can't wait for this.

6. xenoabe

Regular

Great choice.

7. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Cool. She definitely has the look to pull it off

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Perfectly fine with this choice. Finishing off Rise of the Tomb Raider right now, so definitely ready for a rebooted film.

9. ChrisfromPTQ

Both games from Square Enix were excellent and gave far more character to Lara than past iterations. I'm curious though because the article says that the movie will be about her "first adventure". The first Tomb Raider reboot game before Rise was about the exact same thing, I wonder if the story will be similar or if the movie will do its own thing. I don't know what's considered "canon" for the Lara Croft franchise but considering the huge success of the reboot games, it seems possible they won't be completely ignored.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Heard Daisy Ridley was in negotiations for Tomb Raider for awhile now, I'm guessing Star Wars got in the way ?

11. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

With Star Wars and The Lost Wife, Ridley may be a bit busy. I've admittedly never heard of Vikander but if this is anything like the recent games then I am so down.

12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

in the article it says that Ridley had been told they were interested but never got an offer.
    she was in a handful of solid films just last year alone. Ex Machina, The Man from UNCLE, Testament of Youth, The Danish Girl. check her out.

ChaseTx likes this.
  13. bristphili

Daisy Ridley would have been 10/10. she's got the perfect Lara Croft face! Star Wars was probably definitely in the way though.

14. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'm not telling you how to live your life, but if you haven't heard of her, go watch Ex Machina and join us aboard the Vikander hype train.

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

She's great. Excited for this

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

They were definitely awesome, and I've really enjoyed this second one. I'm curious about that as well, in regards to how they'll do the origin story for the movie then. I'd be curious to see if they go with the random supernatural element that the games contain.

17. samuelmorin

Vikander is immensely talented and i'm down but i still wish Lauren Cohan of Walking Dead got it

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought this would go to Emilia Clarke or Ridley, but Vikander should be pretty great as Croft.