Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside – “Numb”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoying all the songs they have released so far. Excited for the album!

333 GANG and Bayside 182 like this.
  3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I wrote Bayside off years ago. But these songs have been really, really good.

4. surgerone

Regular Supporter

oh man, I would definitely go back and check out Vacancy. not sure what vibe you prefer, but that album has some of my all time favorite Bayside songs.

5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

They lost me with Cult - and then i never checked out Vacancy, but i'll give her a spin. My favorite Bayside album is Killing Time, and these new songs are reminding me so much of that album.

6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

My least favorite of the songs they have released for this record, but still very good

7. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Cult was a bummer for sure. Vacancy got them back on track, all the songs so far off Interrobang seem to be trending in the right direction.

Spot on with the Killing Time vibe.

surgerone and bmir14 like this.
  8. I love Cult.

9. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Cult has a few jams though. Time Has Come and Pigsty are top tier Bayside

surgerone and Dan O'Neill like this.
  10. CSWAPPO

Regular

This goddamn record man. What a great return. My band is trying to open for them in SLC.

11. TDenverFan

Regular

Cult feels like a greatest hits album, but it's all new songs, if that makes sense. Nothing particularly new or innovative, but some good songs.

Though Whitest Lie is one of their best closers

trevorshmevor and ncarrab like this.
  12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

they had me from like 2008-2013...but then a few 'eh' albums for me and a few VERY 'eh' live shows, i also wrote them off. Hoping this album is the album that brings me back, cause i love the dude's voice

13. Dan O'Neill

Regular

A greatest hits album composed of all new songs was exactly what they were going for on Cult. I’d say it worked in that regard.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

WHOA!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Love Cult and love these new songs, I'll wait for Friday before listening to this or any others.

Shudder and Vacancy are the only albums that get noticeably less play from me.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

His interview on LSS left me stoked for this album, and how he described their approach in writing the album definitely aligns with the singles so far.

Dan O'Neill and BoldType like this.
  17. Yes! And it was cool to hear him rank their albums. I am so excited for this record. I feel like Bayside is an October band.

18. TDenverFan Oct 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2019)
    TDenverFan

Regular

Yeah, you can complain that they don't rotate their set super well, but I don't think I've ever seen them have a bad show

19. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Didn't realize he was on LSS. Will definitely be checking that episode out.

BoldType likes this.
  20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Always have been a casual fan of these guys, but this could end up being my favorite album of theirs. All the songs have been so strong.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It was a very different interview from the first one he did with Shane a few years for the release of Vacancy. That previous one was a lot more personal about his divorce, feeling kinda trapped in Nashville, etc. Wherein this one was a lot more about their approach to writing and recording this album, album promotion in 2019, how the amount of time between albums has impacted the quality of their releases, the New York Yankees, etc.

kelseyleigh, Dan O'Neill and BoldType like this.
  22. He seems so much happier now than the first interview with Shane

Dan O'Neill and mattylikesfilms like this.
  23. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The cover has symbols of all of their previous albums so I think that was the point overall.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  24. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Gotta say, I’ve gone back to Cult after pooping on it a bit here the other day and it’s a lot better now then when I first listened to it. I think my expectations were just too sky high. It fits right in with their discography. I’m not quite sure why I didn’t like it initially. /shrug

25. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I just did the same thing with Vacancy. I always think of that as my least favorite, but I popped it on this week...that album has a lot of jams, and I remembered a lot more lyrics than I thought I did, haha.

Maybe there just isn’t a “worst” Bayside album. They all rule for different reasons. Oh hey, two hours until Interrobang drops!

slickdtc likes this.