Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post Malone Tops the Charts This Week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Post Malone has the number one album in the country this week.

Post Malone’s Hollywood’s Bleeding nets a third straight week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, as it earned 149,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 26 (down 25%), according to Nielsen Music. The album is the first to spend its first three weeks at No. 1 in nearly a year.

Blink-182 came in at number three:

Blink-182’s new album Nine bows at No. 3 on the Billboard 200, granting the rock trio its eighth top 10 effort. Nine bows with 94,000 equivalent album units earned (with 77,000 of that sum in album sales).

2. somethingwitty

Trusted

Still not sure how I feel about the way streaming is now being calculated into the charts. For example, Drake already being within striking distance of records set by The Beatles.

Artists, mostly hip hop and pop stars, are gaming the system by releasing these 15+ track albums that are charting higher due to the extra tracks and streams. It’s all very strange.

treykholmes likes this.
  3. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Totally agree...if i bought an album, that's 1 purchase. Now a days, if i repeat a song 6 times a day since that's the only way i can get my kid to sleep, does that mean that song gets a boost in the charts? I don't get it...

4. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'm bummed Blink didn't get #1. It's such a good record.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

the post malone record is very good. not surprised.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Still trying to dig it