Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Concord Music Buys Victory Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ed Christman, writing for Billboard:

Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed, but Billboard estimates that the Victory company had $4.5 million-$5 million a year in revenue and further estimates that Concord paid somewhere in the range of $27 million-$34 million for the Victory company. […]

The Victory catalog will go under Concord’s Craft Recordings catalog team and “to the extent that we put out new albums from existing artists, Fearless is the most likely home” to market such albums, Salm says.

Meanwhile, Victory’s 30-person staff will remain employed by Brummel, who sources say has a “limited” non-compete clause that will allow him to pursue opportunities in the music business going forward, if he so chooses. The staff will work on Brummel’s other businesses which includes a third-party merch business, plus some real estate and other investments. Also, they will be involved in assisting with on-boarding Victory’s catalog and royalty payments onto Concord’s platform over the next few months.

2. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Ahem ahem, fuck Tony Brummel

3. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

THE KING IS DEAD HEAR HEAR THE KING IS DEAD

thechetearly likes this.
  4. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Albeit with $30M to still not pay his bands or the royalties for the albums he's re-released 14 times.

5. thechetearly

Regular

Never was signed to Victory (or anyone) but I feel like the only legacy that label still has is how shitty they were to their artists. So...fuck 'em.

6. robargarthan

i was actually looking at an album released on Victory a few days ago on Apple Music and saw at the bottom it was registered under Concord which confused me

7. lidia pavek

I was at Atona Rain Studio, they used only two guitars for the whole album:
    Fender Stratocaster 57 Custom Shop , Fender Stratocaster 63 Custom Shop.
    The amps: Bogner Shiva, Fender Deluxe Reverb and Kemper.
    For the bass,G&L JB-2, for the bass amp they used Millennia TD-1.