Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker Shares “Heaven” Demo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Barker has shared the “Heaven” demo Blink-182 on YouTube. Travis commented on the demo:

This demo inevitably turned into ‘Heaven’ on ‘NINE’ – blink-182 album. It was a small piece of a 45 minute jam / writing session with my friend Chris Greatti. The rest is history.

In a recent interview with Vogue, Mark talked a little more about the song:

tarkly different to “Heaven,” a meatier track written about the 2018 mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, California. “It means a lot to me personally,” Hoppus says. “What started off as a song about broken hearts became a song about living in America in 2019.”

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Love this song. It cracks me up that the demo sounds like something my old band would demo up. Raw/on a budget production with guitars out of time haha. It’s amazing to hear how this transformed into the song it is.

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

So many "get rid of your producer" comments.

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

If blink-182 tried to recreate Cheshire Cat in 2019, this is what it would sound like. Kind of cool to hear that bands just kind of jam when writing even these days. A lot different than the blink-182 we ended up with at the end of the Tom era where they just recorded every piece hundreds of miles apart and sent them to each other.

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I had the Cheshire Cat thought today. This type of recording would barely make the cut on Alkaline Trio's self-titled compilation haha. Love hearing the raw demo but it's hilarious people think this should get on an album as a final product

6. Noradrenaline

Regular

For real, I actually like this better than the album version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯