Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jim Adkins Talks New Jimmy Eat World Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World talked with Rocksound about the band’s upcoming album:

For me, what I felt was something interesting to explore was how every moment of your existence you have a choice between continuing what you’re doing, and doing something different. There is always resistance in doing something new. If you feel anxiety or depression or general dissatisfaction in whatever your personal condition is like, it’s really strange that there’s still resistance to deviating from that. To explore that, you really have to come to a present choice – that’s the difference between existing and truly living. Like I say in the song, ‘You can survive but not exactly live’. It’s like anything would be better than what I’m doing right now, but I’m too afraid to change it. It’s not a natural response for us to change

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Cool read. After hearing the first single I'm highly anticipating this album more so than their previous couple. If the other tracks have a similar vibe, this album will be fantastic, like an early 2000s Jimmy album.

3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I read somewhere that Jim got sober at some point. Never realized that was an issue with him but glad he's healthy.

4. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Oh cool. They wrote a song to exist at the same time as my mid 30s crisis. Fantastic.

Gen Martinez likes this.
  5. Eml182

Regular

Sounds like a whole album about it. May Jimmy guide the way...

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  6. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

The way he phrased it made it sound like it was proactive rather than due to alcoholism, but he didn’t go into detail.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oof. That line in the song hits me hard.

russvanderhoof likes this.