Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Perform on Monday Night Football

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

It was pretty cool when I saw it last night but I wish they would've done Darkside or something a little faster.

333 GANG likes this.
  3. Weezer17

Agreed. Not sure why they called this their lead single. Wasnt Blame It On My Youth and Darkside release first?

4. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Too bad my Redskins didn't show up for the game...

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  5. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

My wife didn't know they had a new album until she saw them on at halftime, so I guess that's the sort of awareness it can create.

Breaking Good, Dan O'Neill and Orla like this.
  6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Darkside would've been much better for crowd participation

7. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

*insert jerry seinfeld voice* what’s the deal with these performances? They sound horrible, yet also too good to be true live performances.

thecobrakais and Stevie like this.
  8. MacbethSin

Regular

lol at all the geniuses in the YouTube comments blowing the lid off the scandal of a pre-recorded football half-time show having retouched audio

slimfenix182 and thechetearly like this.
  9. Stevie

Regular

Soooo much backing track... but I do love this song after multiple listens.

10. Stevie

Regular

On another note this song is so so basic but shows the genius of essentially playing three chords over and over and layering well and fucking about with dynamics. For Me This Is Heaven by Jimmy Eat World is the absolute best example of this though :)

11. ben mears

Blink is so bad nowadays.

12. Eml182

Regular

Least favorite song on the album. I have friends who didn’t know they were releasing a new album that called this performance dead and uninspired, which for a track designed to curate to the masses, doesn’t give much confidence. That said, 9 is full of energy and passion, so, this song decision for a halftime show during a football game throws me off completely.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  13. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

Aside from the fact that they were on stage, in front of people, I don't think there was anything "live" about this performance. I'm pretty sure ESPN just played the album track and added a little extra reverb to the mix. It was perfect. Definitely not live blink.

VCargo08 and tssf92 like this.
  14. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Except for marks little “yeah!!” Or something along those lines at the end... made it more of an overdub or something.

15. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

this and heaven are the only songs i like from the new album. hopefully AVA brings it.

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I know the choices of good songs were slim but they didn’t have to pick one of the many boring ones

18. :eyeroll:

19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I mean the two songs immediately after it are very very good. Idk why you’d pick a song like that as the song to expose potentially new people to your music.

then again idk why they released any of the singles they did first, outside of maybe Blame It on My Youth. The others are probably the most bland songs on the album.

20. Because this kinda song is what a lot of mainstream audiences (like those watching MNF) listen to ... as evidenced by the big jump in numbers from this performance.

21. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Fair enough. Hopefully they will release a song that isn’t a weak one on the album for one of their upcoming singles, but they got those out of the way already mostly. Hopefully it is at least a song with better lyrics

22. This is the new single sent to radio (and currently climbing the charts) and I love "Darkside" and think it's one of the best songs on the album ... so ... I disagree here.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Songs like No Heart to Speak Of, Black Rain, and Heaven are my personal favorites, but I understand that they wouldn’t do as well on radio. So I get the moves they’re making.

24. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I think No Heart to Speak Of would probably do well, but yeah Black Rain and Heaven definitely probably wouldn’t. I wasn’t a huge fan of Heaven, but liked the instrumentation on Black Rain.

Darkside is dull and uninspiring all around. The lyrics really drag that song down.

thecobrakais likes this.
  25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

The repetitiveness of Darkside brings it down to me. It literally ends with the chorus three times in a row.