Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside Announce “Battle of the Bands” for Opening Slots on Upcoming Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bayside have announced a “Battle of the Bands” contest to find local artists to open up for them on their upcoming tour.

We’re excited to announce our Battle of the Bands contest for the #Interrobang Club tour which will give 29 local bands a chance to join out show in their city. This is fan voting so anyone has a chance. Submit your band by 9/27. Good luck! Enter now at https://t.co/ZzlYeDsdBw. pic.twitter.com/eW64HDo0aa

— Bayside (@BaysideBand) September 24, 2019

Tom Lee and CSWAPPO like this.
  2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I love that they're doing this, and in particular they've made it clear that the band chosen to open each show will be paid to play.

So many times bands do stuff like "send us your best t shirt designs and we'll give the winner a free shirt!" Stuff like this cheapens artists' worth. If an artist puts in the work, they deserve to be paid for it. Very well done to the Bayside guys for making sure that these opening bands aren't being taken advantage of. It's a great opportunity for them to get exposure.

3. CMilliken

Trusted

This is really cool!

4. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I wish my band was still super active, but we’ve only jammed like twice all year. Certainly not looking to make under-rehearsed fools of ourselves at the Philly show, haha.

This is very very cool though.

5. I did this for a well-known band on Rise and I didn't even get a free shirt. All-in-all it was a bummer.

Mr. Serotonin and DerekIsAGooner like this.
  6. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

That's such crap to hear.

7. CSWAPPO

Regular

@bradsonemanband ????

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is actually really cool of Bayside. Love that they’re paying the band and allowing them to set up merch too. Excited to hear the winners!

Dan O'Neill and 333 GANG like this.
  9. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

PAY CREATIVES

This is super rad the Bayside is doing this. Props to them for supporting musicians this way.

333 GANG and mattylikesfilms like this.