Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What Does Blink-182 Want to Say?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 talks with Vogue about the band’s new album:

For their new material, the group asked themselves one question: What do we have to say about the world today? “The world is in a really strange place right now,” lead singer Hoppus tells Vogue. “This record is about being a human being in 2019: the joy, fear, and anxiety of it.” He’s not wrong. From a U.S. president who’s more corrupt than ever to technology making us all feel disconnected and sad (“people are growing distant from one another,” Hoppus says), the daily headlines can be, well, a tad overwhelming; on Nine, Blink-182 use music to cope with it all.

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Honestly enjoying this album more than I expected to. It’s miles ahead of California. Happy they wrote about relevant things on NINE instead of some of the subject matter on California.

3. AllenRicketts

Regular

Had to slip in that Trump mention or it wouldn't be the internet.

thisisasong likes this.
  4. ARo24

Regular

Loving the new album so far.

5. ZeoVGM

Regular

A large part of being a human being in 2019 -- as is being described in that paragraph -- is dealing with a literal white supremacist as President of the United States.

A very strange thing for you to take issue with.

6. Haha, well duh. He brings a lot of anxiety to anyone with morals and whatnot.

Jared Luttrell and smowashere like this.
  7. AllenRicketts

Regular

I don't give a shit if he's killed tomorrow, I just think it's lazy writing.

8. ZeoVGM

Regular

Well, you're wrong.

It's very important to point that out on a regular basis, as we have allowed it to be normalized.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  9. AllenRicketts

Regular

That's just your opinion, man.