Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Announce New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jimmy Eat World will release their new album Surviving on October 18th. Today they’ve shared a video for “All the Way (Stay)” and released the new version of “Love Never.” Pre-orders are now up.

Oh, and they’ve announced some new tour dates. Rejoice!

[​IMG]

Track Listing

1. Surviving
    2. Criminal Energy
    3. Delivery
    4. 555
    5. One Mil
    6. All The Way (Stay)
    7. Diamond
    8. Love Never
    9. Recommit
    10. Congratulations
    Tour Dates

10/17 – Sheffield, U.K. @ Sheffield Leadmill
    10/19 – Kingston, U.K. @ PRYZM
    11/02 – Ft. Collins, CO @ Washington’s*
    11/04 – Wichita, KS @ Cotillion Ballroom*
    11/05 – Lincoln, NE @ Bourbon Theatre*
    11/06 – Madison, WI @ The Sylvee*
    11/08 – East Moline, IL @ The Rust Belt*
    11/09 – Bloomington, IN @ Bluebird Nightclub*
    11/10 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Intersection*
    11/12 – Harrisburg, PA @ The Capitol Room*
    11/13 – South Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground Ballroom*
    11/15 – Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance*
    11/16 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom*
    11/18 – Wilmington, DE @ The Queen*
    11/19 – Richmond, VA @ The National*
    11/20 – Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel*
    11/21 – Athens, GA @ 40 Watt Club*
    * support from Pronoun

Jared Luttrell and delvec19 like this.
  2. rbf737

Regular

Sounds like it would fit right between Futures and Chase This Light which are two of my favorites from them. Good tune.

3. Eml182

Regular

Like Love Never re-recorded more than the original. Really like the new song. Live version of Criminal Energy also sounds great - loving that this album seems to be more rock and riff focused.

4. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

[​IMG]

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  5. CMilliken

Trusted

Yes!! They never disappoint!

6. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

New song is pretttty dope. Sax solo caught me by surprise.

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

What is the original Love Never song from? Was it a b-side or something?

Woohoo! likes this.
  8. bmir14, Dan O'Neill and Woohoo! like this.
  9. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This band will never cease to amaze me

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably gonna wait until the full album comes out til I hear these early songs

11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

[IMG]

Serh likes this.
  12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This song is a bop.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

haha thanks, did this with a couple other highly anticipated albums and it paid off

14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Very Futures/CTL. IM SO GAME

15. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

very cool album cover. single is kind of a snooze tho. verses werent bad but the chorus falls really flat and overall it sounds like a boring rip off of their song Work.

16. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Based on what I've read in interviews so far and after hearing the songs, I feel like this might be their last album.

The album is called "Surviving" and Jim has talked about having to have reasons for recording every time. They also have a new shirt on their store called "Icons" and it has all the album icons from throughout the years (including 1994). Plus the few songs I've heard sound like callbacks to previous songs and sounds of their back catalogue.

Really hoping I'm wrong but If the rest of the album is as killer as the two songs today and Half Heart (along with an incredible album closer which is pretty much the J.E.W. norm), then it'll be an awesome final album to go out on. Hoping this doesn't come true because they're my favorite band of all time. I miss the people I used to talk to on the forums many moons ago! This is a band that has always been there when I've needed them, I'm just hoping they stick around for another 25 years (yep, crazy to think they've been around that long) but I know they're gonna call time on the band someday. This is just speculation obviously and mostly me just thinking out loud. Again, hoping it's just stupid vibes I'm feeling. I just got crazy nostalgia from albums/sounds/songs/years gone by from hearing this today.

CyberInferno and Dan O'Neill like this.
  17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Simultaneously bummed that Oregon isn't on there but also somewhat happy because I've been spending too much money on shows lately. But if they tour this as extensively as they did integrity blues, I'm sure I'll catch them a few times down the road

18. SundayDrive555

Chorus is a little bit of a rehash of the "Work" chorus (Can we take a ride).

arcarsenal72 likes this.
  19. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

That’s what I thought.

arcarsenal72 and SundayDrive555 like this.
  20. Stevie

Regular

Personally i’d be really surprised if they called it quits. They are a band that have always landed in the absolute perfect sweet spot of not being recognisable or a house hold name but can effortlessly play the biggest festivals, the best support slots and always sell albums well - They seem like they genuinely are since school the best of friends too and totally on the same page... I think Surviving seems to be more of a continuation to the basis of Integrity Blues, Jim seems to have turned a corner from the less personal story telling of Invented and is writing about things that mean a lot to him again...

I do kind of see where you’re coming from - I just see absolutely no need for this band to ever “have” to call it a day... even if they took a longer than 3 year break.

Also absolutely with you on how much this band mean to you - being from the U.K. I heard them on the emo diaries and a fuelled by ramen sampler and it was essentially impossible to get their albums on import up until maybe just before Bleed American came out. Been my fav band ever to this day since hearing Lucky Denver Mint and For Me This Is Heaven on the self titled ep years ago :)

CyberInferno likes this.
  21. rbf737

Regular

I tend to more agree with your thinking. It seems like (thankfully) they're one of the few bands from that era which DOES get the appreciation and recognition they deserve and they know and appreciate it. They have a handful of older singles which were decent sized hits which bring out first time folks, they're fantastic live so they convert anyone who sees them and they are able to pack their shows as a result, and they're one of the few bands that consistently puts out solid music time and time again. It's a pretty solid model which has done well for them over the years.

So yeah, I could see them taking a brief hiatus without even calling it that if anyone needs a breather, but they have that luxury of basically being able to do whatever they want to help ensure the longevity of the band.

Stevie likes this.
  22. Jared Luttrell

Regular

So happy to have new Jimmy Eat World.