Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Share Greatest Hits Track List

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fall Out Boy have shared the track listing for their upcoming greatest hits album.

so many memories on Greatest Hits: Believers Never Die – Volume 2. wanted to make it even more special & added an unreleased song called Bob Dylan along with Dear Future Self (Hands Up) for you too [​IMG]https://t.co/0bjjwjCPy6 pic.twitter.com/7kRyaE9vYe

— Fall Out Boy (@falloutboy) September 13, 2019
    Track Listing

1. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
    2. The Phoenix
    3. Alone Together
    4. Young Volcanoes
    5. Centuries
    6. Immortals
    7. Uma Thurman
    8. Irresistible
    9. Champion
    10. The Last Of The Real Ones
    11. I’ve Been Waiting (with Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen)
    12. Dear Future Self (Hands Up) feat. Wyclef Jean
    13. Bob Dylan

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I got excited and thought they recorded a song with Bob Dylan

bobsheiskawy likes this.
  3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Completely forgot how goddamn great Young Volcanoes is.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Maybe this is how I'll consume their post-Folie material

5. That's so funny, my immediate reaction was "that is my least favourite song since they've gotten back together" (well, excluding Immortals).

Matt Metzler and Chase Tremaine like this.
  6. With you.

Also, zany that they're including "I've Been Waiting" instead of "Young & Menace."

bobsheiskawy likes this.
  7. Also completely agree!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. aniafc

Trusted

Mania was so bad that I’d be OK if they never put out new material. Not sure they’ve got a hit single left in them after that

bd007h likes this.
  9. Except Mania was great and one of the top rock albums sold in 2018.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Mania was fantastic what lol

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Give me a booooooost, a booost over aniafc's bad take, yeah

12. IbanezRX

This is completely accurate and I couldn’t agree more!

bd007h likes this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I mean its not accurate lol

14. If you were talking about American Psycho I could understand but Mania is such a solid album

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. And for the record, "Hold Me Tight" hit 25 on the Adult Top 40, 32 in Mainstream Top 40, #7 in Hot Rock. Video has 25m plays, 50m+ on Spotify. They had a hit single by most reasonable definitions on Mania.

16. And "Dear Future Self" debuted at #23 on the alt radio charts.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I just listened to Mania today. It is very, very good.

Chase Tremaine and Jason Tate like this.
  18. ZeoVGM

Regular

I really liked it but I was hoping for an overall sound that went for the more manic and weird "Young & Menace."

scottlechowicz likes this.
  19. PREEEEAAAAAACH

20. aniafc

Trusted

It was really not great haha. It's also their worst reviewed album post-reunion and I would say generally regarded as their worst record amongst their fans.

I'll give you that on "Last of the Real Ones," didn't realize that was somehow a Gold single. But there's a big difference between that song, and a song like "Centuries" or "My Songs Know" or even the success that was "Uma Thurman" and "Irresistible."

21. aniafc

Trusted

Also it's their first album since TTYG to not produce a single that charted on the Hot 100 -- so, you know, when we talk about hit singles, that's a chart that carries some weight.

We'll see with their next album. Obviously they're not making a pop-punk record -- and they shouldn't -- but goodness they're more talented than Mania and that new single.

22. It's so funny that the reaction to Mania has been so polarizing because I thought that after kind of losing me from SRAR through ABAP, Mania felt like a decent reset. I especially thought Young and Menace was a track that really felt like it had some of their old life breathed into it. I don't think anything they've done post-hiatus eclipses anything pre-hiatus to this day, but on Mania it felt the closest (okay, I'll say the title track on SRAR stands toe-to-toe with their best stuff, but otherwise...).

Petit nain des Îles likes this.