Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer Announce New Album; Share New Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Raku and All Systems Goku like this.
  2. xburningcoffin

KC

Great song, welcome back guitars!

Raku, domotime2 and moura like this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

Like the song. Hoping that release date gets pushed up cause that’s out there.

Raku likes this.
  4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Decent first single. Not that that’s any indication of a good Weezer album, but it’s pleasant to hear.

EDIT: Woah, that’s kinda far away for them to announce an album release

Raku likes this.
  5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Great song. Sidenote, it seems impossible to me but I still can't believe the Black Album came out THIS YEAR. Seems like forever ago.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Into it.

Raku likes this.
  7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'm sure the album release date is far out to help promote the big tour. It'd be weird for them to release it soon and then wait months before the corresponding tour.

8. somethingwitty

Trusted

Good tune...glad to see the guitars return.

9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Every once in a while they surprise with a good song

10. DooDooBird

Trusted

Very Van Halen sounding in some spots. This song sounds very much like something from Everything Will Be Alright In The End... which is one of the better Weezer albums. I'll take it.

Raku likes this.
  11. Gen Martinez

Listen To Saves The Day.

best song out of the FOB and GD ones. yay guitars are back. need some real freaking instruments in my life!

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Love it

13. lava890

Regular Supporter

Raku likes this.
  14. Same

15. Eml182

Regular

16. co-written by Tim Pagnotta

17. ineverlose

It kills me how inconsistent this band is. Best song since anything on The White Album.

Raku likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

We're on the good Weezer phase again!!

Raku likes this.
  19. bdoyle0182

The YouTube description says they may release the album sooner. Last we heard like a month ago was they had only finished like three songs on Van Weezer so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just picked an arbitrary date right before the tour and it gets bumped up several months when they finish the album. I know that sounds weird, but it’s how weezer operates these days.

Also don’t forget OK Human is already completely done, but the label is having them release Van Weezer first so I wouldn’t be surprised if van weezer gets bumped up and ok human comes out later in the year.

20. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

So no one is gonna say anything about the garbage album art eh?

21. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Why? Cause it's a "rock" song? This is good but there's better stuff on Pacific Daydream

22. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

"Right now the tentative release date for the album is set for May 15th. We know it’s a ways away, but hey this is rock n roll and we’re making our own rules (aka we just might release it sooner)."

I'm preparing for a random drop.

23. ineverlose

Honestly after hearing "Beach Boys" and "Feels Like Summer" on Pacific Daydream, I got a bad taste in my mouth about that album. I'd say I really liked "Weekend Woman", but I never even returned to any other song on it. I'm genuinely curious - what song(s) would you feel are "better" on PD that I should re-visit? (Seriously not asking in an asshole way...I'm totally open to adjusting my opinions).

24. xburningcoffin

KC

Sweet Mary, Any Friend of Diane's, Happy Hour, and Mexican Fender really grew on me. Weekend Woman is one of my favorites on the record.

ineverlose likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Weekend Woman bridge is a top Weezer moment post-Pinkerton for me