Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Release “I Really Wish I Hated You” on Friday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. AllenRicketts

Regular

I really wish I liked Blink

Raku likes this.
  3. Uknown76

Pop sound again.. :cringe:

Raku likes this.
  4. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Will this be another 30 second one? :\

5. Uknown76

6. somethingwitty

Trusted

Have any of these singles done anything at radio? Is it safe to say that these singles from Nine are the worst performing in their career?

7. "Blame It On My Youth" did really well, but I'm not sure about the others, if they were even sent to radio at all.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I heard Happy Days twice on radio. But it’s also San Diego radio and they still play M&Ms lol

9. SFguitar

Regular

The full song is out, and it's actually very catchy. This might be the best thing they've put out in a long time

10. Jason Tate Sep 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 5, 2019)
    Correct.

And, they were not sent to radio as "official" singles.

BIOMY went to #10 on the Alt Rock charts. So, same spot as "Down" and "Dammit" and better than "Not Now," "Always," "HISALP."

From an alternative digital sales perspective, it peaked at #7, so it did better there than songs like "Ghost on the Dance Floor," "First Date" and "Adams Song." "Darkside" peaked at #4, better than "Bored to Death" and quite a few others in that metric.

"Darkside" is up to over 4m plays, "BIOMY" is close to 10m on Spotify. Millions of YT plays as well for all variations of the videos.

11. somethingwitty

Trusted

That’s really interesting to see the effect that streaming has on chart success now. Pretty wild that First Date and Adams Song seem so iconic, yet BIOMY outsold it.

BIOMY has to be their worst performing lead single though, right? Also, kind of interesting that none of the singles have crossed over to Top 40/Pop radio.

12. I'd assume the ubiquity of digital sales is higher now, comparatively. So, I dunno how it really compares.

"Not Now" was technically the lead single for Greatest Hits. And "Dammit" was the lead single for Dude Ranch, which peaked at 11 on what is now the Alt Songs chart, but hit 61 in the Hot 100 airplay chart.

I'm not sure if it's that interesting, I'd say it's more expected given what the Top 40/Pop radio is these days. The only thing even sorta, kinda, tangentially close to Blink in the Top 50 right now is "Easier," and I guess maybe "Trampoline."