Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 on KROQ — All the Updates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

It’s exciting to be posting about Blink-182 again. It’s even more fun when the music coming out is undeniably catchy and there seems to be this buzz hovering around the band again in a way I haven’t felt in years. Hell, I even had to give myself a Blink-182 avatar in the forums. So, today the band will be visiting KROQ once again to announce some news and probably talk a little more about their upcoming album, California.

We’re expecting pre-order information and probably the announcement of their massive tour as well. I’ll be listening live and then updating this post with news as it comes in, that way there will be one central location for everything you need to know about what happened today. If you’d like to join in on the conversation you can click the little quote bubble on this post to jump to the comments section or, as always, join our large official thread in the forums.

What we know so far: The new Blink-182 album is called California, the first single is called “Bored to Death,” there will be 16 songs on the album, and the band is heading out on tour with A Day to Remember, All Time Low, and All-American Rejects.

Digital pre-orders for the album are up on iTunes and Amazon. A vinyl pre-order is up on Amazon.

From Today’s KROQ Interview

6:45am: I’ll be updating this section live with any information we may get. It’s early for me here on the West coast — I’m definitely getting more sleep after this.

Extra Stuff

I used the high-resolution version of the new album artwork to make an iPhone wallpaper if anyone is interested. God, I’m making wallpapers for Blink-182 again, maybe I need to change the name back to AbsolutePunk.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Since it's technically the 183rd day of the year does that mean they have to be referred to as Blink 183?

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Also, LOVE Brohemian Rhapsody!

4. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

BUILT THIS FUCKING POOL.

I love this. i love all of this.

Dan O'Neill and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. efp722

Regular

Vinyl pre-ordered on amazon!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

FOUND IT. Bring on this album.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. Derek

Get stung

Do they charge you when it ships or when you order?

8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Thanks for saying that. I didn't realize it was up on Amazon yet. I just preordered the vinyl too. :)

9. Colby Searcy

@Jason Tate Looks like US Pre-orders are also up. just change the country at the top.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

fuck built this pool is so good haha

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Amazon normally doesn't charge your card until it actually ships.

12. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

"Built This Pool" is clearly the frontrunner for song of the year, right?

David Parke and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Is the vinyl on Amazon purple like the Kings Road one? It doesn't saaaaaay. Crap.

14. Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. No one is sure yet. Sometimes Amazon gets different colors. Right now looks like UK = black, US = purple.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  16. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Thanks. I'm kinda considering changing my order to the signed vinyl, now that I see those exist... :-O

17. Colby Searcy

I got into Blink late, as in after they broke up but before they got back together but i'm really fucking excited for this album like no other, and i really don't know why.

18. I canceled my Amazon one I made last night (just to make sure I had it) and went in on the signed bundle. That's a pretty damn good deal I think for all that. Signed copy will be cool to have.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

Wonder if the price would increase or decrease if Tom ever comes back?

20. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Really digging the production on this. Travis' signature drum sound remained intact like I hoped it would, but the instruments feel more vibrant than they've sounded on a Blink recording in a long time.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

lmao on that order with the signed vinyl they're giving away 10 signed basses haha

This bundle includes:

– SIGNED California LP (Purple Vinyl)

– SIGNED Drumhead

– California Zip-Up Sweatshirt

– California Enamel Pin

– California Wristband

– 2-Pack of Buttons

– California Sticker

*10 Lucky fans will receive a Signed Fender Bass instead of the signed drumhead.

** 300 Lucky Fans will get 2 tickets within the first 15 rows of any show of their choice on the blink-182 North American Tour 2016.

*** 20 Extremely Lucky Fans will get 2 VIP Ticket Packages to the show of their choice on the blink-182 North American Tour 2016.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  22. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I would be so happy to win any of those things. I just ordered this bundle. :)

Today is off to a good start. Blink-182 is awesome again.

David Parke and jorbjorb like this.
  23. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Also available on the signed CD bundle as well for those that would want that more. I want to get it but 40$ shipping has me on the fence but imagine winning those extras.

jorbjorb likes this.
  24. jorbjorb

7 rings

ya i'm too poor. i hope someone from this forum wins though

Dan O'Neill likes this.