Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves the Day Celebrate 20 Years of ‘Through Being Cool’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Saves the Day have announced a new 20th anniversary re-issue of Through Being Cool. The full press release can be found below.

Saves The Day announced today that they’ll be reissuing their seminal full-length Through Being Cool this fall in partnership with Equal Vision Records to celebrate the album’s 20th anniversary. To mark the momentous occasion the band will be performing the album in its entirety for two sold-out shows, November 2nd at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ and November 9th at the House of Blues in Anaheim, CA. The double LP reissue includes a re-mastered version of the album alongside 9 never heard before album demos recorded in their basement and a live session from the same time period as well as an accompanying booklet. Ahead of the release on October 25th, pre-orders for the vinyl are available here and tickets to both shows are on sale now here.
    This November marks twenty years since Saves The Day released their pivotal full-length Through Being Cool, just two short years into their storied career. With Chris Conley still at the helm, the band continues to evolve two decades into their creative journey while still embracing their past – most recently with their aptly titled ninth album, 9. This latest record offers the first ever autobiographical look into the band’s history in a way that is as exhaustive as it is poetic, inviting the listener to experience an intimate look inside the songwriting process.

It’s only fitting that one year after Saves The Day released an album that lyrically serves as a career retrospective, we are preparing to revisit the record that helped shape an era of music and propelled the band from New Jersey underground standouts to international mainstream success. Through Being Cool has maintained its immediacy through the ebbs and flows of influence emo and pop-punk have had on the greater musical world. It is consistently recognized as a pillar of how to successfully blur the lines between hardcore, punk and emo which has become standard practice for a generation of bands influenced by Saves The Day.

This Fall, Saves The Day will celebrate the 20th anniversary of Through Being Cool via a re-release with Equal Vision Records. This special edition of one of emo’s defining records will be remastered, repackaged and include additional never-before-heard demos that eventually would become Through Being Cool. It is a must for any longtime fan and, if you’re just discovering Saves The Day now, a great excuse to dive deep into a record that serves as the foundation of who they are as a band.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

...And pre-ordered the vinyl! Excited to hear those demos.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. CSWAPPO

Regular

Fuckin Awesome! So stoked on this

4. razorburn

Trusted

Looking forward to hearing those demos.

5. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Glad I waited/procrastinated on buying previous re-pressings. Now's my chance!

Also i'm pretty sure I have low bitrate mp3s of those demos and live tracks but it'll be nice to hear (presumably) cleaned up versions here.

6. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I preordered this so fast. Hell yeah!

7. Jacktheskipper

Regular

One of my all time favourite records that accompanied me through the last 20 years and still gets constant plays ... by the way, if that's the live session that has been on the web forever, that's well worth the purchase alone ...