Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Share New “Bastard Son” video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

BornToRun likes this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch Aug 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2019)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Loving this new recording. Sounds great. I didn't even notice the lyric change in the chorus at first either.

moura likes this.
  3. tobytobes

Regular

The new version sounds fantastic! Way "fuller" than the old demo/B-side one from what feels like forever ago.

Also I think Buddy just likes to dance in videos now.

disambigujason likes this.
  4. tobytobes

Regular

Someone asked him about it, and he said basically "Bitch is something a dumb child says, and I have a daughter now so I want to be more respectful."

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I like the change. Hadn't heard the original in awhile so honestly forgot what it was to begin with so the new lyric sounded normal to me haha.

6. cbronder1

Regular

The new recording sounds so fresh and clean. Beyond excited to hear the full EP!

7. Haven’t cared for this band in well over a decade and I will say that parts of it sound super modernized in the wrong way, but this was always one of my favorite songs by them and it’s cool to hear a more crisp version

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

That was fun. I am so excited to hear The Fire re-recorded.

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Impulse pre-ordered the EP vinyl the other day. The EP and Let It Enfold You were huge albums for me, and although I don't know whether I'll really play it often, it felt right to add it to my collection and support Buddy for revising/revisiting lyrics he no longer could stand behind.

cbronder1 likes this.
  10. DeRRek

Trusted

Cool

11. zachzacchero

The video is in an interesting aspect ratio.

palebluedot likes this.
  12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

How? Preorders went live this morning lol

13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Can't believe after all these years SF will remake their gloomy b-side to actually remind me of Fall Out Boy and even Good Charlotte ;d though I still enjoy it a lot ;d

14. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Sound quality is amazing. Could fit in really well on the last record or Still Searching.

cbronder1 likes this.
  15. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Damn, I only know the tracks on this that are actually from the EP. I wanna hear those!!

This is cool too though. :)

16. monkeytarget

They gonna re-record that one?

17. robargarthan

I don't really see why the would since it's not one of their more well-known albums and I don't think it performed well compared to some of their others.

18. zachmacD

Trusted

It’s being remastered, not re-recorded

19. SFguitar

Regular

It's really weird to me when bands like Senses Fail release albums with such poor production like The Fire. Did they not have adequate funds for the production process despite being on a label? Did they listen to the album and not think it sounded bad? Haha

20. johnnyferris

It’s weirder moreso due to it being the third consecutive record with McTiernan. The other two sound quite good so it’s puzzling

21. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

SRC (Canada only) put their pre-sale up on August 24th.

22. Saephon

Regular

Wait, is The Fire remaster confirmed? Because I think I've been begging for that for years. That album is so amazingly good, if it weren't for the production quality. Please let it happen!

zachmacD likes this.
  23. johnnyferris

Not yet, but down the road

24. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Right, it's very strange when it's not a debut album. The production on Taking Back Sunday's "Tell All Your Friends", for example, makes sense. And none of their subsequent albums had those same production issues.

SFguitar likes this.
  25. zachmacD

Trusted

It's confirmed but hasn't happened yet. I think they are doing it for the box set that they will be release for the bands 20th anniversary