Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels & Airwaves – “Kiss and Tell”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

44DeLonge and Raku like this.
  2. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Just came here to submit this. I like this a lot more than Rebel Girl but two for two so far. Always liked this band so def excited to hear the new album.

Kuri44, 44DeLonge and Raku like this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’m digging the energy in these two new songs.

4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Not bad - but can't see myself returning to this

5. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I like Rebel Girl better but I love the overall sound this record is starting to have.

AllenRicketts, Kuri44 and Raku like this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Kinda digging this song honestly (although it does feel kinda like more of the same from AvA). I'll definitely check out the record whenever it's released though.

Side note - anyone else getting Yellowcard self-titled vibes from the intro of this when the guitar kicks in?

44DeLonge likes this.
  7. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Like them both so far, looking forward to the whole album

44DeLonge and Raku like this.
  8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I like the music on these new songs but the lyrics could be....better.

Darth Amory and Zach like this.
  9. CMilliken

Trusted

Loving the sound of these two new songs.

10. Raku

Regular

I listened to Rebel Girl on repeat when it first came out, and now I'm doing the same for this one...

Honestly though, I think I might like this one a bit more than Rebel Girl because it is just so awesome. Parts of the song remind me of Foo Fighters, Box Car Racer, and obviously AvA (the electronics from the L)ve era, but done better).

I'm really excited for this new album. Also enjoying the Stranger Things (tv show)/80s rock/electronic vibe they have going on in these songs mixed with the pop punk/alt rock that Tom does so well.

That being said, I really missed get new music from Tom, and I'm so glad to have him back.

AllenRicketts and 44DeLonge like this.
  11. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

When that riff started:

[​IMG]

12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

New AVA is going to blow new Blink out of the water.

13. 44DeLonge

this is gold! can't wait for the whole album

Raku likes this.
  14. razorburn

Trusted

Tom sure knows how to write a guitar riff.

44DeLonge, CMilliken and Raku like this.
  15. BG9352

Regular

Digging this!

CMilliken and Raku like this.
  16. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Great song, and their set list from their first show in 7 years was really great featuring songs from all albums (as well as Overload and Diary). There's some good videos on YouTube too. At one point Tom does an acoustic medley of I Miss You, There Is and Aliens Exist.

17. BG9352

Regular

I saw those videos and it really makes me wish they were playing a show near me!

44DeLonge likes this.
  18. CMilliken

Trusted

Can’t wait to see them in September. Should be a great show!

44DeLonge likes this.
  19. theredline

Trusted Supporter

How was his singing? (I guess I could watch the video!) I remember in the Blink days that it could go one extreme to the other when I saw them. One time, perfect and amazing and the next time off key and all over the place. Hoping he’s figure all that out!

20. BG9352

Regular

It sounded decent!

theredline likes this.
  21. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Exactly how I feel. Lyrics are quite cringy. Music is good. I'm on the fence about how to feel about this one, but I'll definitely check it the full album.

theredline likes this.
  22. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I thought rebel girl was lame, this is fire. A lot better than Blinks new stuff,

Linton9488 and 44DeLonge like this.
  23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I like a lot of it musically, but vocally I'm having the same thing happen that happens with most AvA tracks.... The vocal melodies just start to run together with stuff they've already done. This time I'm singing "Epic Holiday" during the chorus. haha. And the "never say never" lyric sounds almost the exact same as when he says it in "The Wolfpack".

I'd say that's my main complaint with Tom's post-Untitled work. His melodies all sound like variations of the same few things. That said, I still like this song and it seems like a lot of other people do too, so oh well.

24. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I’m sure I will too. Even the old stuff has some cringy lyrics. But to this day there’s nothing like cruising home from rehearsal while the sun is setting blasting some AVA. The best!

25. theredline

Trusted Supporter