Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young Thug Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Young Thug has the number one album in the country this week:

The set earned 131,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 22, according to Nielsen Music. Of that unit sum, just 5,000 were in album sales — the rest was driven almost entirely by streaming activity.

2. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

These posts are interesting, seeing which artists are heavily streamed and which have a majority of their sales in traditional albums.

Madonna and Slipknot, recently, landed on here with a super high percentage in traditional. Today, Young Thug takes the crown with nearly all in streams.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

That's so crazy only seeing 5K traditional sales.

Landrick Robert likes this.
  4. somethingwitty

Trusted

When was the last time you saw someone under 25 buy a physical album or a download?

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Bit surprised Lionel Richie selling that well without any streams at all

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Def glad for Thugger too

7. All the time at any record shop in America, vinyl is quite popular.

8. tvck

Trusted

ugh, every song this guy is featured on is completely ruined by him. i.e. 'Goodbyes' from Post.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I like Post Malone but Young Thug is a 100x more interesting artist

10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Pretty sure most of that is due to the average age of the their fans. That and the fact that rock fans buy more vinyl.

slickdtc likes this.
  11. tvck

Trusted

I just absolutely hate how he uses auto tune. He also ruins The London as well.