Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters Hope to Have New Album Next Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Taylor Hawkins talked with Rock Sound News about hopefully having a new Foo Fighters’ album out next year.

Well, from what I’ve heard from our fearless leader Dave Grohl, he has a lot of demos that he’s worked on and I think we’ll start, once this tour is over … I think not too soon after that we’ll start the process of putting the songs together as a band.

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Do every single thing you didn't do on Concrete & Gold (other than Run, which owns), and don't do ANYTHING like you did for Concrete & Gold (again, other than Run which absolutely slays and whips ass) and I'd say we'll have ourselves a winner!

I mean, goddamn, Wasting Light didn't have to be a one-off "hey, let's fuck around in the garage and make real old-school stuff." It could just BE WHAT YOU DO!

3. Jackbo487

Regular

agree : Wasting Light. The first half was just such a blast of "whoa, they can still be pretty fuckin awesome", while the next two records definitely weren't as ... engaging, though they had good parts.

4. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I thought The Sky is a Neighborhood was a great single.

5. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Let me be clear - I don't think either Sonic Highways or Concrete & Gold are BAD. I'll go to bat for Sky is a Neighborhood, Feast and Famine, I am a River and Something from Nothing as terrific Foo songs.

I just really love plain old noisy Foos. I don't think they needed to force a timeline to write songs in every city and I do think C&G is sprawling in a bad way. If that's what they needed to keep themselves going, cool.

Jackbo487 likes this.